Indian visa

I see that India now offer an e-visa as well as the regular printed one.

Can anyone tell me if cruise passengers are able to use the e-visa or do they have to spend hours filling out the usless info for the regular visa.

Travelling on the brand new Majestic Princess. Rome to Singapore:cool:

We visited India last October by ship. At the time, the e-visa only applied to arrivals by air and people who wanted to board the ship using this type of visa were regarded as not having a visa. I heard that some people were denied boarding, but it seemed to depend on the person they saw at the check-in desk. Some staff didn't even check the visa page in the passport, but for us and people at the nearby desks, the visas were checked. I am not sure if people were denied boarding if they didn't have the correct visa. You should check with the Indian authorities and maybe with the cruise line.

We visited India last year and had E visas which were, at the time, for airport entry only (we flew in). You will need a regular visa which is good for both port and airport entry.

I see there is only one stop in India.

Are you real interested in getting off.

I recall reading on CC last year about passengers on ( I think either RCI or Celebrity) being allowed to board without visa.

They were then given a paper to sign stating they accepted not being allowed off the ship.

There were quite a few posts as some passengers were very annoyed as they were told they needed visa, just to find out onboard others did not have them.

I don't know what Princess's current procedure is for this.

• 1 month later...