Best times for whale watching

hollon

I'm planning my trips for Alaska, I've decided to go w/ Dolphin Tours, Is there a best time to go Whale Watching, all the times are still open from 9:00 am - on, do yall have any preferences?

Is it easy to get to their pick up spot? Thanks

The "best " time will be the time that fits well with your entire day. Determine how you want to spend the day, if you want other touring? lunch? shopping? Take everything important to you into account.

There is no "best" time for the whales. Every minute is pure random luck.

have been reading ALOT of Alaska reviews and one thing I have heard said a few times is that if you go first thing they have to 'go find' the whales, if you go a little later they already know where they are so can go straight to them (in theory!)

have been reading ALOT of Alaska reviews and one thing I have heard said a few times is that if you go first thing they have to 'go find' the whales, if you go a little later they already know where they are so can go straight to them (in theory!)

There is merit in this. The boats do communicate with each other, although selectively, about where the whales have been seen. I think there’s a better chance of going right out to where the whales were last seen on the previous trip that day. I also agree, though, that it is more important to schedule a trip around everything else there is to do in port that day. The whales are always there, it just may take a little extra time to find then on the first trip out.