WINE PACKAGE - few questions

jennymaxgirl

We are boarding the Regal next week for a 14-nt caribbean cruise. It was sold to us as 14-nights, but it is actually two 7-night sailings. My travel agent tells me the wine packages are available to cruises 10 nights or longer. I am not quite sure if this will qualify for the wine package to be available to us. The agent says yes, but had never heard of the package before I mentioned it to her. Does anyone have experience with this? Can the wine package wine be drank ONLY in the MDR? Or can drink it in the buffet or in the stateroom? Thanks a lot, Jennifer

I thought that since the cruises are available as 7 days, the wine package is not offered. It can't hurt to ask on board. I would even talk to the maître 'd or head waiter if your waiter turns you down.

We have drank ours in the buffet.

Hi, Jennifer. We have cruised on B2B of 8 nights each, and when we ask about the wine card, they first may say 'no' but when we say we are on for more than 10 days, they check with the headwaiter and get the OK to sell us the package. We always buy our wine card from our (traditional dining) servers, as it has been stated that they get some perqs for selling it.

You can use the wine packages to purchase wines to take back to your cabin. We do that often. It can also be used in other dining venues, but we haven't used it in the buffet - only in the MDR and specialty dining rooms.

Hi, Jennifer. We have cruised on B2B of 8 nights each, and when we ask about the wine card, they first may say 'no' but when we say we are on for more than 10 days, they check with the headwaiter and get the OK to sell us the package. We always buy our wine card from our (traditional dining) servers, as it has been stated that they get some perqs for selling it.

You can use the wine packages to purchase wines to take back to your cabin. We do that often. It can also be used in other dining venues, but we haven't used it in the buffet - only in the MDR and specialty dining rooms.

Useful information. Thanks!

Don't expect that to happen on every ship. We were on a B2B for a total of 14 days traveling in a suite but even an appeal to the Maitre d' still resulted in a NO [emoji26]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Jennifer....as you can read how things are done will vary with the wine package. :(

We purchase it whenever possible but my only b2b experience had both segments over 10 days. In that situation we first confirmed with our dining room staff that our 12-bottle wine card would be valid on both segments.

The onboard flyer stated that the "package will be honored in the dining room, Horizon Court and alternative restaurants" plus you can get a bottle to drink elsewhere including your cabin.

Ask when you board to purchase it. We have heard "no" when the voyages were short ones, but we were on for a while, and sailing with a group (our adult kids). We knew we "needed" it. We got it.

And yes, if you ask the head waiter, they will know what wines they have remaining from the "old" wine list that are still in stock.

Is the wine package only available once on board- I don't see it for on-line purchase.

We are on a 14 night Crown sailing, mid May.

It's only available to purchase onboard but it's not promoted anywhere on the Princess website. :(

And as others have posted, ask several people if you're told that it's unavailable. Once I had the head waiter at Alfredo's Pizzeria tell me it was not available but he was eager to sell me the expensive AIBP package. The first night at dinner our waiters gladly sold us the wine package.

I've seen a table set up at the aft elevators just outside the buffet selling the wine package at the beginning of the cruise but it's inconsistent just like other things about the wine package. It's disappointing how Princess mismanages their wine package which on RCCL were even available on weeklong cruises.