I wish Celebrity would offer suites for the space WITHOUT the perks!

Pier290

I left Celebrity for several years, because the only value of a Suite was extra space. I went to Regent. Now that they have implemented the Suite level benefits, they have developed something close to the small ships within a big ship. I will be doing my second trip under this program in April and have another booked in January. Why still doing Regent, I like that Celebrity is offering a product that competes. There is a market for what they are doing. I just barely got my sister and brother in law on our 14 day January 18 to the So Carib as there were no suites for a couple of weeks until they finally picked up a returned Celebrity Suite. I do not see them cancelling this program as the Suites are selling just fine.

Well, my next cruise isn't till April of 2018, and there's currently 1 penthouse suite left, priced at $16,000 pp [emoji15]... it seems that generally the suites sell well.

I'm sure when they don't, like yours, they will find someone eager to upsell for what they consider a reasonable price. I'm on the other side of it; I'd love the perks and don't need the extra space... but suites are still out of my current price range

If they ever offer an inside room with suite perks at a reasonable price I'd take it in a heartbeat

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

X may also feel that it costs them less in the big picture to hold to a minimum pricing on some popular sailings and risk having a room (esp a suite) go unsold versus diluting the brand and pricing power. They also can sometimes up sell cabins via targeted offers prior to embarkation (or even seen the occasional post of upgrades sold at the pier or even on board).

There is no incentive for them to sell the suites without the major perks because their fixed costs would still remain the same for the butler, Luminae and Michael's Club.

The big-better-best type perks are the ones that cost them very little to provide, so they readily offer options for booking suites without them.

Food, beverage and internet costs for 2 more people are practically nothing to the cruise line.

Most of the other suite perks (special treatment with priority this and priority that) cost them nothing at all.

So there is little incentive to provide lower priced suites without them.

It appears they are constantly trying to think up additional ways to provide suite passengers with ego stroking perks that cost the cruise line nothing.

We are among those who have no need for a butler and would be happy to book a suite without a butler, if that was an option.

But I believe we are in the minority as so many others who book suites love having the butler.

The point of my post....currently there are ONLY several suites available on our sailing still with only 39 days out....prices haven't budged. Every other cabin is SOLD OUT besides the Family Veranda too which is still very very expensive compared to what we paid for our Concierge Veranda AND inside cabin combined....

I was just saying it would be nice to be able to snag a suite FOR THE SPACE just by paying a SMALL upgrade fee from our current reservation. .....we don't need or want the MC or Luminae...we do have Premium BEV pkg and the OBC right now...I might call them but will probably get no where. LOL !!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Forums mobile app

If the suites do not sell, they will come down...supple and demand. My first suite came from only $300 more dollars than a C2; problem is...I won't go back to concierge, at least unless I have to. That was before MC and Luminae, I believe. The extra space was wonderful and having a corner cabin, along with the wake was fantastic. There are bargains out there, but you have to look all the time!!!

So...you never know unless you try! There were not any S1 corner aft suites available for my upcoming TA, but I kept looking each and ever day...I have one now and it was so worth the time and energy...

I am thinking that you would enjoy the "cafeteria style of cruising." You could pick and choose what you wanted.

We are among those who have no need for a butler and would be happy to book a suite without a butler, if that was an option.

Yes, you can book a suite on Princess without the butler because none of the suites on Princess have a butler. BUT you will pay about the same for a comparable size suite on Princess for the same price as Celebrity WITH the butler. Your choice.

I am in agreement with previous posters who point out that other cruise lines offer suite level space without the perquisites that Celebrity offers in their suite experience. We've sailed in suites on Princess and Carnival, and received large comfortable staterooms, and little else. On the Carnival cruise, the cost was less than Celebrity, however the food, while plentiful, was of a significantly lower quality. We got what we paid for, and see no reason to sail on Carnival again. We had been loyal to Princess, yet a consistently degraded product helped us decide to switch to Celebrity. Michael's Club, Luminae, and a butler who can help smooth wrinkles out of cruising, have thus far proven to be worth the cost.

Hopefully not to totally derail and I have enjoyed the perks. But, has anyone taken the time to see what the perks are actually costing over a non perk cruise cabin? I know cruise prices go up and down making this difficult, but a close dollar estimate would be fine.

Hopefully not to totally derail and I have enjoyed the perks. But, has anyone taken the time to see what the perks are actually costing over a non perk cruise cabin? I know cruise prices go up and down making this difficult, but a close dollar estimate would be fine.

It's really hard to put a $ figure on that. The closest comparison I can find is that I qualify for the police rate. Doing a quick look at some 7 night Caribbean sailings - with the perk less police rate I can save between $50-$200 off balconies pp over the regular perk rate. But of course varies greatly by sailing.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

When I made some speculative on board bookings last month (2/11/17) for Millennium, 5/26/17, Vancouver to Anchorage - Sky Suite (S1) NY Resident Rate cost exactly $1,000 less than the Regular Sale Rate with the "free" Go Best perks. The cost for 2 people to pay to upgrade from Go Big (1 perk) to Go Best (4 perks) is ~$620 for a 7-day cruise the "hidden cost" (read: value?) of the "free" Go Big's single perk is somewhere between $100pp and cost of the classic beverage package (assuming the 1st perk picked is classic bev or OBC - note that on a suite free gratuities is worth more than an OBC).