service received from room stewards

To sum up this thread room steward will come and ask if you want morning or evening service to all who are not experienced cruisers.

Since they do not know any better they will pick one or the other.

When they approach experienced cruisers who know what they have had in the past they expect to get pushback.

Win/win for Carnival is they reduce number of stewards and use added crew cabins for other money making opportunities.

My own personal opinion is in a year or so Carnival comes back and tell us that people want one time service and if you want more you have to pay something extra for it.

But if you are platinum/diamond twice daily service is a perk.

Oh for Joy as JH would say.

To sum up this thread room steward will come and ask if you want morning or evening service to all who are not experienced cruisers.

Since they do not know any better they will pick one or the other.

When they approach experienced cruisers who know what they have had in the past they expect to get pushback.

Win/win for Carnival is they reduce number of stewards and use added crew cabins for other money making opportunities.

My own personal opinion is in a year or so Carnival comes back and tell us that people want one time service and if you want more you have to pay something extra for it.

But if you are platinum/diamond twice daily service is a perk.

Oh for Joy as JH would say.

I would not be surprised by this and think you might be right ? :( (similar to the 'farewell party' disappearing cuz no one came - of course not since it was NOT well advertised or promoted......)

I would not be surprised by this and think you might be right ? :( (similar to the 'farewell party' disappearing cuz no one came - of course not since it was NOT well advertised or promoted......)

Hoping my analysis is wrong. Do not want to be right on this.

Farewell party was set up to fail. Everyone knows if party was well advertised room would have been packed with people coming for all the free drinks they could have.

My mom and I sailed on the Fantasy in December. We were not asked if we wanted once or twice a day. It was never even mentioned by our room steward. Nor were we given a card. We received twice a day service. We had a very good room steward.

We sail on the Fantasy again in 18 days so we will see if they ask then.

Magic late January, was my 20th cruise and never been asked before. Came back to the room on the first night to find my fun times outside the door and walked in to find nothing done at all. Was shocked as this was the first time this has happened. Guess complacency got the best of me and I was mad. Saw him the next morning and asked what the deal was and he stated that he didn't see me last night so he didn't know what I wanted. Well of course you didn't see me, I was out having a good time. LOL Anyways no card and asked either morning or evening? Being as I have already read threads about this I said Both. So the platinum status idea on these post are not for everyone. Or maybe I look like a newbie. I did however explain to him that he also is required to ask for both.

We were on the Elation in Oct. and the service was Great as usual, twice a day. I always tip extra on the first day, tell the steward what I want such as ice for my cooler, leave the towel critters until the end etc. Then we went on the Liberty in Jan, This was completely different. I didn't see our steward until that evening. He introduced himself and that was it. I gave him a tip, he asked our names and nothing else. No mention of service times. We went out and about and when we returned to the room we found nothing had been done except the Fun Times was on the bed. I figured that since it was the first night that they were just busy. The next morning when we returned from breakfast, our room had been serviced and there was a towel animal on the bed. I thought this was to make up for forgetting me the night before. Kinda strange! There was also a light that was constantly going off an on, driving me crazy, that I tried calling maintenance four times about and could never get through too. I know that my steward had to see this as it did it constantly. There was no steward to be seen until later that evening when I saw him servicing some other cabins. I again asked him for ice for my cooler. He looked as if I had asked for his first born child, but said that he would take care of it. I also told him about the flashing light. That evening we returned to an un-serviced room and our Fun Times was in a mailbox by the door. No ice and our light still looked like a disco! It then dawned on me that this was the once a day service that I had read about on these threads.(and it only took me two days) The next morning the room was serviced, towel animal on bed, light repaired, and a small bucket of ice sitting beside my Carnival cooler. Well its a start! Then I realized that we had not received our only "Gold Perks", our pins and our water. I decided to go to customer service instead of waiting until later to round up the steward.After standing in line, they took good care of me. I have only had one other cruise where I had any problems with our steward. That was on the Inspiration but in fairness to him, I don't think that he understood English as he was new. I know this has been long, but I feel that my problems was due to a combination of the steward and Corporate. He should have asked when we wanted service or just defaulted to both instead of morning. And Carnival in that if their service staff is "gratuity driven" why not hire more staff?

Have been seeing more threads lately where room stewards are giving people a choice as to morning or evening or both but without a card to be signed.

Several people have said that stewards are pushing back when people ask for twice a day.

Would be interesting to see if people on recent cruises would tell us their experiences with this.

We were on the Pride in February, we were not asked but we did tell our steward that we only needed morning service and in the evening just ice. He brought ice and the funtimes. We use our bath towels twice and I replace our beach towels at the hut. We are doing a short cruise in May on the Paradise and since there will be three of us, I think I will ask for service twice a day since we want the pull down put up during the day.:D

I was on the January7, 2017 Freedom sailing. The steward asked if we wanted morning or evening service.He never said there was an option for both, although I knew there was. I toldhim we needed morning service only. My friends traveling with us were in acabin down the hall and had the same steward. They asked for AM and PM. Thesteward told her she could only pick one. She informed him that was not trueand he relented.

I must admit he was theworst room steward I have ever had. When we arrived to our cabin there was hairin the drawer where the blow dryer was housed. Hair and crumbs in the drawerthat housed the menu and paper documents. A beer bottle in the cabinet and a chargerin the bathroom on the upper glass shelf. We didn’t arrive to our room until3ish so it was well pass the “cabin ready” time.

Have been seeing more threads lately where room stewards are giving people a choice as to morning or evening or both but without a card to be signed.

Several people have said that stewards are pushing back when people ask for twice a day.

Would be interesting to see if people on recent cruises would tell us their experiences with this.

We requested full service and were told we could only have one a day. I cut tip in half and the second leg we had full service.