service received from room stewards

On the Pride in Jan we were asked once a day or both and had to sign a card. We were in a Grand Suite with three and our Stewart was the best we ever had...gave him a large tip at the end of the cruise. Last moth Feb on the Sunshine we had two Stewart's and once again were asked once or twice a day service and had to sign a card. Service was good. Also on the card you can request extra towels or the robes that were once a standard. We love the twice a day service and as long as it is still an option are fine signing a card.

Cheers and happy cruising.

We were on the Dream in January. We met our room steward in the hall a couple of hours after boarding the ship, she had us check off on the card which we preferred, morning, evening, or both. We chose evening. There were also spots on the card to check off for extra towels, ice, robes, etc. I honestly don't remember if she had us sign the card or not.

We chose evening service, we don't need, or want it, twice daily and although I'm probably in the minority on this I'm happy they are now asking which way you want service. I don't like leaving the room very early in the morning and by having just evening service I don't have to worry that the steward is going to want to come into the room in the morning to clean. We are not messy people and do pick up after ourselves, and we don't mind making our own bed. :)

We did check off the boxes for extra towels and ice. Worked fine for us and I hope they continue doing it this way.

We were on the Breeze in January. Our room steward presented us with the card with the option for both. However we witnessed a steward talking with new cruisers (they had blue cards) and they were simply asked do you want morning or evening. The steward didn't offer both. Looks like the don't mess with the experienced people but try to steer the new passengers toward once a day.

We were on the Breeze in January. Our room steward presented us with the card with the option for both. However we witnessed a steward talking with new cruisers (they had blue cards) and they were simply asked do you want morning or evening. The steward didn't offer both. Looks like the don't mess with the experienced people but try to steer the new passengers toward once a day.

I agree as we heard and saw this happen last week on the Miracle. The blue card people in our section must have made the a.m. choice because they all got their Fun Times placed in the mailbox outside their cabin. For those who had twice a day housekeeping service the Fun Times was placed on the bed. Red card holders next door and gold members nearby all had the Fun Times placed in their cabins. There was a group of many hundreds meeting on board who were blue card newbies.

I agree as we heard and saw this happen last week on the Miracle. The blue card people in our section must have made the a.m. choice because they all got their Fun Times placed in the mailbox outside their cabin. For those who had twice a day housekeeping service the Fun Times was placed on the bed. Red card holders next door and gold members nearby all had the Fun Times placed in their cabins. There was a group of many hundreds meeting on board who were blue card newbies.

.... or they made a conscious choice. Either way, I worry about what my experience is, not what I can presume or guess someone else's jmho

Sent from my iPhone

We just got off the Triumph. We had 2 cabins in our group. My ex husband and wife were in the cabin next to ours so we had the same Steward. They have been on 2 cruises and we are Platinum. They were asked if they wanted early or late service and we were never asked at all and got service like always, twice a day. Maybe being Platinum made the difference?

Fantasy Dec 2016 B2B and Magic Jan 2017 B2B - no card to pick choices or to sign. Robes already in our closet. Room was serviced twice each day. Our only request was to keep ice in our small soft-sided cooler.

No problems and an extra tip at the end of each cruise leg.

Have been seeing more threads lately where room stewards are giving people a choice as to morning or evening or both but without a card to be signed.

Several people have said that stewards are pushing back when people ask for twice a day.

Would be interesting to see if people on recent cruises would tell us their experiences with this.

Just went on 3 day Carnival Liberty (needed 2 days to turn gold) and they did this. Haven't cruised since Nov 2015 and assumed it was maybe a shorter cruise thing. He asked my husband and I had sort of no clue. Husband said morning not realizing we would possibly still be sleeping. No turn down' date=' no ice, two towels. I had to use pool towel. Next day no return of pool towel went to towel hut lady had a fit and didn't believe the room steward didn't return it. That was after I called room service several times with no answer. Room steward also took used washcloths and did not replace with new. So if this is now happening on all sailings... ugh. It's taking away from the experience. It's becoming self service economy cruising...

This and dining time experience very terrible. Took off gratuities for dining services only. Food terrible on the three day. I chose online anytime dining. Like a dumb butt didn't print it before going and was told we were on a wait list for it so said we wouldn't go to any dining room. Buffet food horrific. Never again on a three day. Wished I had done a land 3 day.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We just got off the Triumph. We had 2 cabins in our group. My ex husband and wife were in the cabin next to ours so we had the same Steward. They have been on 2 cruises and we are Platinum. They were asked if they wanted early or late service and we were never asked at all and got service like always, twice a day. Maybe being Platinum made the difference?

This! I just posted this on the other thread on this subject:

Just off Splendor yesterday - yes, the 50% cruise!- and heard the following conversation as we were on our balcony around 2:00 embark day (steward had gone into cabin next to us to introduce himself to occupants who were also on their balcony discussing how excited they were to be on their first cruise):

"Do you want morning or evening cabin service?"

They requested evening service. He never came into my cabin to ask us, and our cabin was serviced 2x a day. Wonder if they are just asking "new" cruisers?

This! I just posted this on the other thread on this subject:

Just off Splendor yesterday - yes, the 50% cruise!- and heard the following conversation as we were on our balcony around 2:00 embark day (steward had gone into cabin next to us to introduce himself to occupants who were also on their balcony discussing how excited they were to be on their first cruise):

"Do you want morning or evening cabin service?"

They requested evening service. He never came into my cabin to ask us, and our cabin was serviced 2x a day. Wonder if they are just asking "new" cruisers?

That is best way to change to morning or evening.

Ask new cruisers if they want morning or evening and since they will not know the difference will choose only one.

They know experienced cruisers will know and often pick both.

Down the road a bit they will announce that since most people pick morning or evening that will be fleetwide. If they want to be nice they will add 2x service to gold and above loyalty perks.

Currently on Miracle. We were asked on first day if we would like morning or evening service, but that because we were platinum we could have both if desired, we didn't sign or see a card. We just picked evening assuming he would come during dinner as they always had in the past but he didn't come til later in the evening. It's fine though -we don't need attention in mornings.

We were on the Ecstasy in Feb 2017. Steward came within the first few hours, asked if we wanted morning or evening service. I said we wanted both. He looked very disappointed and said most people choose morning. I told him again that I wanted both, and he said Ok. I heard him talking to other passengers in the hall, convincing people to choose one or the other, never giving both as an option. He carried the card but didn't give it to people to look at or sign.

The first evening we came back to an unmade bed in the cabin with a towel animal sitting there, on my messy bed. I decided to give it another night before complaining, and he ended up coming through, providing great service morning and evening the rest of the trip, including keeping my ice bucket full so I tipped him extra and thanked him. After the first night our towel animal was always on the bed after morning service. I figure that he got most people to choose morning only service, so he just did all the towels then.

We were on a Back-to-back in November on the Splendor. Our steward asked which service we wanted, and I asked if we could have both. He sighed (and smiled) and said yes.

Unfortunately, out of 31+ cruises, this was the worst service we ever had. he was very nice and friendly, but was always rushed and seemed overwhelmed. on four nights, we never got the next day's Fun Times, three nights - no evening service, several times beach towels not replaced, and ice was hit or miss. He also forgot to give us our Diamond meeting with the captain invitation.

I did not complain or reduce his gratuity, but for the first time, I did not give an extra tip at the end of the week. What made it worse was that we had him for two weeks. Very disappointed!

Arvin our room steward on the Glory asked us if we wanted am, pm or both. We chose both and he said great. He asked our diner time and did such a fantastic job. We could not have asked for more. Ice all day everyday. He was perhaps our best steward ever.

Was on a cruise in January on Fantasy. Was never asked to choose. Carnival is obviously trying to cut costs. My cruise in April ill expect both morning and evenings. I like my fun times waiting for me with my ice bucket in the am as well as my ice bucket refilled in the pm. I feel bad for these stewards though. They were overloaded before, now they have even more rooms to do? I think people need to start complaining to carnival.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Forums mobile app

We were on a Back-to-back in November on the Splendor. Our steward asked which service we wanted, and I asked if we could have both. He sighed (and smiled) and said yes.

Unfortunately, out of 31+ cruises, this was the worst service we ever had. he was very nice and friendly, but was always rushed and seemed overwhelmed. on four nights, we never got the next day's Fun Times, three nights - no evening service, several times beach towels not replaced, and ice was hit or miss. He also forgot to give us our Diamond meeting with the captain invitation.

I did not complain or reduce his gratuity, but for the first time, I did not give an extra tip at the end of the week. What made it worse was that we had him for two weeks. Very disappointed!

Wow that stinks. I would have complained and reduced his tips by some amount. Diamond affair is one of the highlights of our cruise.

We sailed Valor in February, and our room steward (Santiago) didn't ask our preference but did stop in twice a day. He was also always around when we needed anything little throughout the cruise.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We were on the Magic week of February 11 to 18 and our steward was wonderful however he did not offer us morning and evening service or give us a card. We chose evening service and hung up our towels after using them in the morning so that we could shower again before dinner. I have no complaints about the service and Charlie was friendly and always left us a towel animal and was super friendly whenever we saw him. As you may have guessed this was our first cruise and I was surprised that we weren't given the option to have twice a day service

Sent from my SM-T700 using Forums mobile app

We just got off the Carnival Sunshine yesterday. We were greeted by our stateroom steward within the first couple hours. He handed us the card and asked if we wanted morning or evening service. I asked for both. He said fine and I checked the box on the form. He then let us know we may not see him often as he had 34 rooms and they were on 2 different floors. On our 2 final sea days we told him that we just needed morning service, which he did, and our funtimes was placed in a mailbox outside our door. Personally, I think it's unfair for one person (or even two people) to be responsible for 34 rooms. He did a great job and we appreciated him letting us know we wouldn't see him much.

This steward has no right to complain to guest about THEIR job. Sorry but I would be fired if I complained like that.

I hear stewards complaining more and more. If they hate their job so much don't sign a new contract. If you sign the contract just do you job and don't complain to guest who are paying your wages.

This steward has no right to complain to guest about THEIR job. Sorry but I would be fired if I complained like that.

I hear stewards complaining more and more. If they hate their job so much don't sign a new contract. If you sign the contract just do you job and don't complain to guest who are paying your wages.

We converse with every steward we have had. I have never had one complain to us.

Sent from my iPhone