service received from room stewards

Have been seeing more threads lately where room stewards are giving people a choice as to morning or evening or both but without a card to be signed.

Several people have said that stewards are pushing back when people ask for twice a day.

Would be interesting to see if people on recent cruises would tell us their experiences with this.

Have been seeing more threads lately where room stewards are giving people a choice as to morning or evening or both but without a card to be signed.

Several people have said that stewards are pushing back when people ask for twice a day.

Would be interesting to see if people on recent cruises would tell us their experiences with this.

Be interested in replies, but my impression (and experience) is being asked but not having to sign (which I think was implemented to ensure the pilot was being administered as planned). Are you suggesting the signing (or not) is a deficiency?

We sailed the Sunshine in January and May of 2016.

He came into the cabin to meet us and before he could ask about when we wanted service :D we pleasantly requested full service in the morning and for the evening we only needed towels, ice and the Fun Times.

He was genuinely smiling and agreeable. We even got turn-down and a towel animal most evenings :D

.... and yes ,,, we did provide cash above and beyond our auto-grats on the last evening.

We sailed the Sunshine in January and May of 2016.

He came into the cabin to meet us and before he could ask about when we wanted service :D we pleasantly requested full service in the morning and for the evening we only needed towels, ice and the Fun Times.

He was genuinely smiling and agreeable. We even got turn-down and a towel animal most evenings :D

.... and yes ,,, we did provide cash above and beyond our auto-grats on the last evening.

Thanks for your response but would rather hear results of cruises in the past few months.

Be interested in replies, but my impression (and experience) is being asked but not having to sign (which I think was implemented to ensure the pilot was being administered as planned). Are you suggesting the signing (or not) is a deficiency?

I am not suggesting anything and not editorializing at all.

Just want to hear what is going on right now. Also figure someone will report this thread to John Heald very soon so hopefully people will just report facts and not opinions.

I am not suggesting anything and not editorializing at all.

Just want to hear what is going on right now. Also figure someone will report this thread to John Heald very soon so hopefully people will just report facts and not opinions.

Our New Year's Eve cruise aboard the Pride, we saw the card, were asked what we wanted, we said morning service (received both by the way) and all was well.

My wife and I just got off the Miracle yesterday.

At the beginning of the cruise, the steward happily asked us if we wanted morning, evening, or both. I told him "both" and it didn't seem to affect his demeanor in the least. His service throughout the cruise was perfect!

BTW, he didn't ask us to sign anything.

Garnett

Just off the Vista last week - no form or questions - had twice daily service without asking.....and a towel animal almost every night (except 1st night?)....

Will be on the Glory in a couple of weeks and it will be interesting to see if I have the same experience or if there will be a 'form' or questions re service. I would tick off 'both', etc...

We just got off the Carnival Sunshine yesterday. We were greeted by our stateroom steward within the first couple hours. He handed us the card and asked if we wanted morning or evening service. I asked for both. He said fine and I checked the box on the form. He then let us know we may not see him often as he had 34 rooms and they were on 2 different floors. On our 2 final sea days we told him that we just needed morning service, which he did, and our funtimes was placed in a mailbox outside our door. Personally, I think it's unfair for one person (or even two people) to be responsible for 34 rooms. He did a great job and we appreciated him letting us know we wouldn't see him much.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

last month on the Conquest we were asked if we want morning or evening and I said both .Our steward said OK and that was it .

Sent from my SM-G900V using Forums mobile app

Inspiration in December

Steward asked what service we wanted and had to sign for it. We like mornings and towels done in the evenings. Most nights I asked him in the hallway for towels and the papers. Though the one day his supervisor was reviewing him he insisted on doing the nightly whole cabin routine.

Will see what happens on the Imagination in a few weeks.

Just off the Sunshine on 2/26 (one week ago). We had the Grand Suite and were hoping for excellent room service. First afternoon we were asked to sign the form (we asked for 2X a day service) and we also had written down a few requests (there were no robes in the room, etc.). and gave him a nice tip to start the week. He did not comment at the time, though I would say that our room service was possibly the worst we've had in ~30 cruises. We were supposed to have had a letter from customer service explaining the benefits of a cruise (never got that); robes showed up the afternoon of day 2; cleaning of the room was not great, etc. Didn't really put much of a damper on a great cruise, but we were disappointed in the steward.

~Bob

On Breeze Feb 5th, 2017. Asked by Steward if we wanted AM, PM, or both. Requested Both. Excellant service through out cruise and received both AM and PM service. Next time I think I will just request AM with fresh towels and ice in the evening.

We sailed on the Ecstasy in January. We were not asked anything, ever. We got service sometimes once a day, and sometimes twice. Never got a towel animal the whole cruise. Only saw the steward twice the whole cruise, and he didn't know our names.

We just got off the Carnival Sunshine yesterday. We were greeted by our stateroom steward within the first couple hours. He handed us the card and asked if we wanted morning or evening service. I asked for both. He said fine and I checked the box on the form. He then let us know we may not see him often as he had 34 rooms and they were on 2 different floors. On our 2 final sea days we told him that we just needed morning service, which he did, and our funtimes was placed in a mailbox outside our door. Personally, I think it's unfair for one person (or even two people) to be responsible for 34 rooms. He did a great job and we appreciated him letting us know we wouldn't see him much.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

He really should be discussing his workload with his boss, not his customer. [emoji17]

We were on the Glory end of Jan early Feb. Our Steward met us by our cabin when we got on the ship. He has the card that said AM, PM, or both. We chose both and never had a problem. We also got ice bucket filled am and pm; no problem. Also got bathrobes; no problem. Let's let this one rest and die now. AND, he never mentioned anything about the number of cabins he was responsible for.

We were on the Miracle a few weeks back and chose to have the PM option. We had early dinner(6p) and figured the cabin would be cleaned during that time frame. First two nights they didn't start cleaning till after 9P. Spoke with the steward to change the cleaning to AM and it would be no problem. Got our cabin cleaned between 12-1P the rest of the cruise. A little late for AM but did a good job. Also at the beginning of the cruise we were asked if we wanted ice daily and bathrobes in the closet. Things have changed in few years since we took this cruise.

We were on the Glory end of Jan early Feb. Our Steward met us by our cabin when we got on the ship. He has the card that said AM, PM, or both. We chose both and never had a problem. We also got ice bucket filled am and pm; no problem. Also got bathrobes; no problem. Let's let this one rest and die now. AND, he never mentioned anything about the number of cabins he was responsible for.

I am very rarely an OP but glad I started this one and hope this thread will continue to get these responses.

Liberty September 19 we were never asked and we received service twice a day. The steward said that in October they were going to start the program with the cards where they would give you a choice of morning, evening or both. He was not happy as they were going to lay off many stewards. I had a long talk with Ovi, the Housekeeping manager, and he explained how the program was supposed to work and assured us that twice a day service would remain an option.

Fast forward to November 26 again on the Liberty. Our steward came by with the card, but phrased it "What time do you want your cabin serviced?" I said we wanted morning and evening service, ice and robes. He did not appear visibly upset at the request. He gave me the card to sign once he knew I understood how the new program worked. He was great and even brought us 2 ice buckets full of ice twice a day since I had to ice my sprained ankle. I had another long talk with Ovi, the Housekeeping Manager, and gave our steward the praise he deserved. but questioned the way they phrased it. He agreed that the stewards have been trying to get of of work by phrasing it in such a way that guests think they have to select a specific time.

Breeze January 22. The Stewardess came and tried the "What time do you want the cabin serviced" routine. But, this one was visibly upset when I immediately said, "Both", and requested ice twice a day. We already had robes because we were in a spa cabin. She did an OK job. On this ship I had a long conversation with Viktor, the Asst. Housekeeping Manager about it. He agreed that many of the stewards were not following the directions to give the guests the cards so they could choose.

A great benefit of being Diamond is getting to know the senior officers early on during each cruise. On the Liberty the Captains, Guest Services Manager, Entertainment director and Housekeeping manager all followed up at the Platinum/Diamond reunion to ask how the cruise was and to find out what was good and what was not. On the Breeze, only Viktor did so.