Bermuda-royal naval dockyard

The buses in Bermuda cannot accommodate the scooter. Some of the ferries can, but it might be a bit early in the season for them to be running. In terms of excursions, you should check with your cruiseline. You might want to post on the Bermuda Ports of Call board. A lot of expertise there.

Hi,

I also use a small mobility scooter. I docked at Kings Wharf last May. On day one we took the ferry to Hamilton which is wheelchair accessible. On day two we too a tour with Bermuda Tours and more which cost $50.00 each for a 5hour tour of the island. info@bermudaislandtours.com The tour was excellent and Juanita just loaded my scooter onto her mini bus.

We've been to Bermuda twice with a mobility scooter (always in August). Both times we were able to use the ferries with no problems at all. The public bus system will not accommodate a scooter (probably a baby carriage as long as you can fold it up and carry it on board).

Our last trip to Bermuda we tried the public buses (my sister uses a collapsible scooter). The people (driver and passengers) were incredibly nice and helpful but we will never do it again.

Also remember that Hamilton has its limitations regarding accessibility. Not all stores and restaurants are accessible, but we managed to get around OK - we just skipped any place we couldn't get in.