Specialty Dining Plan in Ocean Blue - Can you order anything or are their upcharges?

cruisin'sz

We are planning to use our SDP perk in Ocean Blue one night and will be charged $15 each upfront as an upcharge for dining there instead of Cagnys or Le Bistro. For that $15 each, can we order anything (I know, one entree each) or are there further up-charges for the more expensive entrees/appetizers?

I have seen those menus but I am unable to determine with certainty when they are from.

For example a poster recently back indicated that crab legs were on the Ocean Blue menu.

Those offerings are absent from the Beyond Ships menus for Ocean Blue on Getaway.

I'd love to know what the most accurate and reliable offerings are, if there is a solid reference I'd really appreciate the details.

We are planning to use our SDP perk in Ocean Blue one night and will be charged $15 each upfront as an upcharge for dining there instead of Cagnys or Le Bistro. For that $15 each' date=' can we order anything (I know, one entree each) or are there further up-charges for the more expensive entrees/appetizers?[/quote']

When is your cruise? We are eating at Ocean Blue on our March 26th Getaway cruise and I can post pics of the menu then.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I have seen those menus but I am unable to determine with certainty when they are from.

For example a poster recently back indicated that crab legs were on the Ocean Blue menu.

Those offerings are absent from the Beyond Ships menus for Ocean Blue on Getaway.

I'd love to know what the most accurate and reliable offerings are, if there is a solid reference I'd really appreciate the details.

The 2017 menus on Beyond Ships are up to date. The crab legs are served as an app and on the seafood extravaganza.

The 2017 menus on Beyond Ships are up to date. The crab legs are served as an app and on the seafood extravaganza.

Neither of which are on the menus posted. Unless there is somethihg different that you are seeing, I am looking at NCL Getaway> Menus> Ocean Blue

Neither of which are on the menus posted. Unless there is somethihg different that you are seeing, I am looking at NCL Getaway> Menus> Ocean Blue

So sorry. Look at the Breakaway menus. They are supposed to be the same across the board. Under Breakaway the 2017 menus are posted.

Thank you so much!!!

I keep confusing the two ships. I would like to order the crab legs (love these more than lobster), and the crab claws for apps. Hubby will want the calamari and the clam chowder. If they won't give us two apps we will just pay for the other two. After all we are on a desperately needed vacation.

• 2 weeks later...
When is your cruise? We are eating at Ocean Blue on our March 26th Getaway cruise and I can post pics of the menu then.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Our cruise is in June. I would love if you would post pics of the menu after your March 26 cruise. Thanks so much and enjoy. Hope you have a fantastic time.

The item you are referring to is the the Seafood Plateau - it is available at the Raw Bar and can also be ordered in Ocean Blue - it is not covered in your specialty dining package and if ordered at OB, you would be charged the menu price.

We usually use the Raw Bar as our final meal - and the Plateau is a fave of my husband's. It features all cold items, including lobster,

We were on the Breakaway in January and there were steamed crab claws on the menu as a appetizer and a very generous portion.

Even if using one of your "specialty dinners" when at Ocean Blue - there is an additional surcharge - I don't remember the amount - but someone else might know.