Combining Age Groups in the Kids Clubs

I have seen some of the kids club Compass type sheets recently where it stated that 6-8 and 9-11 year olds were being combined due to lower numbers of children on the sailing. Does this ever happen on the Oasis Class ships? We are sailing Allure and would like to keep the kids together. Thanks!

I can't speak specifically to Oasis ships, but on Freedom there were sessions where the age groups were combined and others where they were not. There was no previous notice, we just showed up and were directed to another area. I'd say that it is pretty unpredictable and not something that can be counted on.

We are sailing on the Allure on March 19th - given that it's spring break I would imagine there will be a ton of kids - so likely won't combine much. Mine are 8 and 10 so will be separated which they are a bit nervous about as on our last cruise to Alaska (last May) we were able to get the younger one bumped up..... I'm hoping the different groups will be good for them - give them a break from each other which will hopefully equal less fighting!! I can only dream! HA

If there are enough kids where it will NOT be combined, then they are more likely to let the older child move down, than to let the younger move up....

We experienced just the opposite. They did not want to put an older, more mature child with the younger ones. They did however, allow the younger to move up to the older group.

We are sailing on the Allure on March 19th - given that it's spring break I would imagine there will be a ton of kids - so likely won't combine much. Mine are 8 and 10 so will be separated which they are a bit nervous about as on our last cruise to Alaska (last May) we were able to get the younger one bumped up..... I'm hoping the different groups will be good for them - give them a break from each other which will hopefully equal less fighting!! I can only dream! HA

My kids do better in different groups. Last year one was in the kids club and 2 were in the Teen club in different age groups. There was no fighting. They were all happy to discuss their day with each other. This year All 3 were in the Teen club and the 2 girls were in the same age group. All they did was complain about each other. :rolleyes:

We experienced just the opposite. They did not want to put an older, more mature child with the younger ones. They did however, allow the younger to move up to the older group.

I agree...

we have had our kids offered to move up when they are on the border.

Although never asked I have seen parents turned down with the opposite request several times.

Personally I would think it is risk for RC allowing an older child move down in the off chance they injure a younger child