Cabin located near elevators

memapoll

Hi all, My wife and I are going on the 12 night cruise with Pacific Eden this April, for our anniversary and a break. We have booked on as Guaranteed cabin, we are located to the rear of the ship on deck 10 (BD), we were wondering how much noise we will get from the lift at front of room, if too much would it be best to book another room of choice and pay the extra.

Ā 

cheers.

Marc and Margaret

The lobby for elevators & stairs is usually separated from corridors - no doors, but surprisingly very rarely any noise from passengers.

And no noise from the workings of the elevators themselves.

Ā 

Proximity to an elevator is a plus - avoids a sometimes long walk down corridors.

Ā 

JB :)

Hi all, My wife and I are going on the 12 night cruise with Pacific Eden this April, for our anniversary and a break. We have booked on as Guaranteed cabin, we are located to the rear of the ship on deck 10 (BD), we were wondering how much noise we will get from the lift at front of room, if too much would it be best to book another room of choice and pay the extra.

Ā 

cheers.

Marc and Margaret

We always book a midship cabin, as close to the lift lobby as possible, never had a noise problem.

• 2 weeks later...

We typically book near the elevators. Never been a problem, noise or otherwise. What IMO is more important is what is on the deck above or below your room. Once we were directly under the pool deck and heard chairs scraping and pounding at all times.

Another time we were across from a service closet and heard the cart bumping every time it went in and out.

Ā 

Sent from my B3-A30 using Forums mobile app