March weather Caribbean

Azollaparty

Hi all! I'd like some advice, insight about a Carvinal Valor cruise I'm about to take next week from Galveston, Texas, to Cozumel and back. It's a 4-5 day cruise. It's March 16. I'm mostly worried about weather and don't know what to expect or how to check the weather or make myself feel just a bit more in control... does anyone have any advice, experiences to share, tips or tricks? I'm going with a bunch of lady family members who I'm sure will give me whiskey if the seas get rough, but I'd rather be able to deal with this myself.

It looks like a good time of year to cruise...

Thanks!

The weather in the Gulf or the Caribbean in March is usually quite hot and out of any hurricane season threat. That being said, storms can occur anywhere anytime. Sea conditions are impossible to predict and can change daily based on the weather.

I would not be concerned and would just plan to enjoy your cruise. The ships are well stabilized and the Captain will do his best to avoid any storms in your path.

I haven't checked the extended forecast for the ports, but I will. I was actually wondering how to check the weather in the Gulf (over open water, I suppose) instead of just Galveston or Cozumel. NOAA? I just wondered what other cruisers used or how you keep track of weather (if people even do)... especially given that you can't use wifi on the ship (or are advised to check out and relax).

Since you really can't DO anything about the weather, short of cancelling your cruise...you should try not to stress about it! It has been quite windy lately, and that can cause wave action...so if you're prone to motion sickness, you might want to bring some Bonine or other OTC med with you..just in case. Otherwise, try to relax! Thousands of people cruise EVERY WEEK....

Check the weather for your ports...and extrapolate what it will be at sea. You shouldn't have "bad" weather by any means!

Weather is unpredictable.

Over the years we have experienced all types of weather in March in the western and eastern Caribbean.

Talk to your doctor and see what he suggests you take if you are worried about seasickness. He knows you better than any of us do and knows what, if any, medications you take.

Do not drink a lot when the seas are rough.

I haven't checked the extended forecast for the ports, but I will. I was actually wondering how to check the weather in the Gulf (over open water, I suppose) instead of just Galveston or Cozumel. NOAA? I just wondered what other cruisers used or how you keep track of weather (if people even do)... especially given that you can't use wifi on the ship (or are advised to check out and relax).

The Captain will provide daily updates regarding the weather and it will also be published daily in your in room cruise planner. We never keep track of the weather - don't see the need with the information provided on board. No offense but I think you are being over concerned - I would just relax and enjoy your cruise. There is nothing you can do about it anyway, so why worry?

I am from Houston and the weather varies from day to day. Generally 70s to low 80s during day & 60s at night. We've had a lot of Spring showers rolling in off the gulf as the day heats up, so if anything, pack a windbreaker/hoodie for late nights on the upper decks and a travel umbrella.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hi all! I'd like some advice, insight about a Carvinal Valor cruise I'm about to take next week from Galveston, Texas, to Cozumel and back. It's a 4-5 day cruise. It's March 16. I'm mostly worried about weather and don't know what to expect or how to check the weather or make myself feel just a bit more in control... does anyone have any advice, experiences to share, tips or tricks? I'm going with a bunch of lady family members who I'm sure will give me whiskey if the seas get rough, but I'd rather be able to deal with this myself.

It looks like a good time of year to cruise...

Thanks!

Will be in Cozumel late this month. Checking the extended forecast, didn't notice any weather condition to be worried about during your trip. But, these are mere forecast! Enjoy your cruise!