Excursions for Canada & New England 9/16/17

76GART

DW, myself and another couple are going on the Sunshine in Sept. .We have a tour planed for Halifax ,but did not see many choices for Boston on the Carnival site, those of you that have gone on this cruise what kind of excursions have you gone on in Boston , Portland and Saint John , private or with carnival (tour company names if you have them "please") . Thank You .

DW, myself and another couple are going on the Sunshine in Sept. .We have a tour planed for Halifax ,but did not see many choices for Boston on the Carnival site, those of you that have gone on this cruise what kind of excursions have you gone on in Boston , Portland and Saint John , private or with carnival (tour company names if you have them "please") . Thank You .

Heck, in Boston its no question, take an Uber to Boston Common and walk the Freedom Trail. Lunch in Quincy Market, finish at the USS Constitution in Charlestown, early dinner at Warren Tavern in Charlestown or back to the North End for Italian.

I live in Portland. Most get on the buses and drive to and stand around the lighthouses or Kennebunkport. As for me, that's too much time sitting on buses. Walk Portland, shop the Old Port (and eat the Old Port, Portland is perennially a top 6 "foodie destination"), Longfellow house, Victorian Mansion, Eastern Prom and Observatory, Museums. I also recommend the "mail boat run" on the Casco Bay line. This 2.5-3.5 hour (depending on cargo) ferry run starts around 10am right next to the cruise terminal and visits all the inhabited islands of Casco Bay, delivering the islanders' groceries and supplies. The captain will give a talk along the way about the islands and island life. Good views of lighthouses from the sea.

In St. John NB, we hopped on a bus tour near the city market just standing by the street for cruisers. One of the area visited was the Bay of Fundy where we got to see the Reversing Falls. There are many tour booths/agents along the street.

In St. John NB, we hopped on a bus tour near the city market just standing by the street for cruisers. One of the area visited was the Bay of Fundy where we got to see the Reversing Falls. There are many tour booths/agents along the street.

We did that too in Oct. What a great tour and what a reasonable price they charge. One of the best and cheapest tours I have ever done.

Laura

In Saint John the city runs a 2 hour tour on a school bus. You pick it up a few blocks from the terminal. They run one around 10 and another around 12:30 local time. (Saint John is an hour ahead of ship time) I have done this tour twice. Very informative and you see most of the highlights. Both times the drive/tour guide had a great sense of humor and made it a fun 2 hours. They charge around $20 US/ $25 Canadian.

http://discoversaintjohn.com/places/saint-john-transit-city-bus-tour/