which ship should I try for

rhy

My family (me, wife, & 2 teens) is planning to take a cruise summer 06 (carribbean). I think we have settled on RCI, but since we have never been on a cruis before, we have no idea what the different ships are like. Any suggestions on which ship we should try for? Are there really a lot of differences between the ships?

We took our whole family (ages 6-51) on the Adventure of the Seas to the Carribbean. I think the wide range of activities offers a lot for all ages to do if you are OK with the huge ship. We never felt crowded. You just have to plan ahead to pick up ice skating tickets, get seats in the shows, etc. Any Voyager class ship would be great fun (Voyager, Mariner, Explorer etc) Of course, if a higher priced cruise is an option, then the new Freedom of the Seas would be a blast.

My grandson has also had a great time on Carnival and I've read that the Liberty has really amped their teen program.

Not Sure Where You Are From But The Grandeur Leaves Out Of Baltimore..it Is Smaller Than Some Of The Other Ships..no Ice Rink Or Basketball...but They Have Rock Climbing And A Kids Club And A Great Atmosphere..our Family Of 21 With Ages From 12 To 65 Went August Of 05 And Had A Ball!!

My family (me, wife, & 2 teens) is planning to take a cruise summer 06 (carribbean). I think we have settled on RCI, but since we have never been on a cruis before, we have no idea what the different ships are like. Any suggestions on which ship we should try for? Are there really a lot of differences between the ships?

Totally agree on the Voyager class. Did the Navigator of the Seas July 2005 out of Miami. It was the Easter Caribbean itinerary. We are currently booked on the Adventure of the Seas July 23, 2006. Join us and our group. It leaves out of San Juan and is the Southern itinerary. Check it out. Also, if you are a first time cruiser. Heed all the warnings and go a day early to avoid any flight problems, lost luggage, being too tires, etc.

Have a great time and no matter what you choose you'll have a blast.

I have to agree with the other posters. We did Explorer of the Seas last May with a family group of 10. There was truly something for everybody! You and your kids will love it.

We also liked the Western itinerary as there were so many ACTIVE options, which our kids loved. This route offers some of the best snorkeling spots in the world, not to mention cave tubing, jungle hikes, Mayan Ruins and more.

Whatever you do, go with an expectation of fun. Do not let some of the more cynical people you read on this board discourage you in any way. However, reading BALANCED reviews will give you an idea of what to expect. If you are looking for a luxury vacation with white glove treatment, spacious accomodations & five star meals this is not the cruise for you. However, if your desire is to have a great family vacation at a moderate price and with very good to excellent service & food, but smaller than normal (compared to a land vacation) accomodations, you won't be disappointed! Go and have a blast! I know your kids will.:D

Her is my review of our Explorer cruise:

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=11125

Archived