Proof of recent dive required?

HI, We booked a scuba excursion through Royal Caribbean on Nassau, Bahamas. We noticed the fine print mentioned that you need to have dived within the past two years. My husband has dived within this time period, however, didn't get his book stamped at the time so there's no way to prove it. (Except, perhaps, digging up an old credit card receipt). How stringent are they about this requirement -- will the ship or the excursion operator demand some form of proof, generally?

HI, We booked a scuba excursion through Royal Caribbean on Nassau, Bahamas. We noticed the fine print mentioned that you need to have dived within the past two years. My husband has dived within this time period, however, didn't get his book stamped at the time so there's no way to prove it. (Except, perhaps, digging up an old credit card receipt). How stringent are they about this requirement -- will the ship or the excursion operator demand some form of proof, generally?

If he logged the dive in his log book, but did not get the stamp, he'll be fine. They'll want to see the log (at most), the presence or absence of a stamp isn't a factor.

Harris

Denver, CO

It totally depends on the dive op. We have never had to pull out a dive log to show anything. They ask of the form when you last dive was, and how many total dives you have. No one has ever questioned it. We don't lie about it, but I guess some people do. I have never seen anyone turned away.

I noticed yesterday that it says one dive op (booked through cruise ship) required you bring your dive log in order to dive with them. That is a new one for me. The only other place I have seen that was a wreck diving op in NC where we were going to be at 100' depth... but they never actually checked our log books. I think they might have if it seemed like we were new divers.

When we dive on cruises now, we just take the last several pages of our log with some blank pages for the dives, nothing more. Put them in a baggie in our dive bag with regulators. Just in case they ask...

Royal currently uses Stuart Cove's in Nassau and they didn't ask for or look at a log when I was there in October. When I booked onboard after Royal canceled my dive at Coco Cay, the Explorations desk guy asked if I had dove in the past year or two, he couldn't make up his mind which he shoudl ask. Loved Stuart's Anytime we stop in Nassau I will go there.