What medicine to pack

babs135

Apart from our prescription drugs what else would you suggest for a four weeks cruise? Need to put together some sort of medical kit. The obvious ones are for sea sickness and tummy bugs but what else. The last week of our most recent cruise was slightly spoilt when DH came down with a nasty chest infection.

I appreciate that there is probably nothing he could have taken to 'cure' it and on returning home his GP confirmed antibiotics would have had very little to no effect, but it would have been nice to have something that would have made him more comfortable, or even stop it in its tracks.

We will be going from cold weather to hot weather and back to cold.

Hi Babs135

I normally take a pack of Lemsip flu powders. Pack of 10, take them out of the box, hold them together with elastic band. I never leave home without a bottle of tea tree oil, fantastic for cuts and grazes as it has an antibiotic effect. Get to Lidl and buy a couple of packs of paracetamol and/or ibuprofen. Throat pastille, such as soothers go in my pack too. Air conditioning sometimes dries my throats and they are nice to soothe a morning scratchy throat.

My other half never travels without a few whisky miniatures!!

Enjoy your cruise

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I take some Baroccas (hang over cure), Neurophen & Aspirin, (head ache), Ginger tablets ( rough tender trips), Band aides (cuts or blisters), Sudacream (heat rash), lip balm, Eye drops (irritated eyes from salt or chlorinated water).