Questions about a short cruise from Southampton

amajaa

I have just booked a 2 day cruise for hubby's birthday onboard QM2, 2 days from Southampton to Bruges and back. Does anyone know what happens about luggage do you carry it all with you and off again or does it still get taken off you?

Also a bit disappointed to see no formal nights, I thought there would be at least one ( there is on 2 day cruises on P & O I understand) I was hoping to still dress up a bit as we have done on other Cunard cruises. So hope we won't look out of place. Hubby won't be wearing a DJ but will wear a blazer or even a suit.

I have just booked a 2 day cruise for hubby's birthday onboard QM2, 2 days from Southampton to Bruges and back. Does anyone know what happens about luggage do you carry it all with you and off again or does it still get taken off you?

Also a bit disappointed to see no formal nights, I thought there would be at least one ( there is on 2 day cruises on P & O I understand) I was hoping to still dress up a bit as we have done on other Cunard cruises. So hope we won't look out of place. Hubby won't be wearing a DJ but will wear a blazer or even a suit.

You drop your bags off to the porters at The Cruise Terminal, prior to entering The terminal building and Check in.

Your luggage labels show which of the luggage stations it gets taken to. You can take with you carry on luggage which is checked prior to boarding. You next see your luggage either inside or outside your stateroom.

Debarking,

Unless you do self disembarkation, where you have to register for this on board and carry all the luggage off in one go, but usually get off the ship around 7am-8am, Instead of having to wait in one of the lounges for your debark time, you will see your bags which you have to put outside your stateroom before 12 midnight the night before, in the Terminal prior to going through Customs on disembarkation.

Your partner will need a jacket for the dress code for dinner etc

https://ask.cunard.com/help/life-on-board/dress_code

Enjoy your trip, 2 days will not be enough to explore all the Ocean liner has to offer or the magical experience of life on board.

Edited by Pennbank

Thanks yes we have sailed with Cunard a few times albeit not on Queen Mary, it was just that I know some people on 2 day cruises say you have to take luggage onboard with you. As we won't have much luggage I was going to register to self disembark.

My husband will definitely wear a jacket, again as it is a 2 day cruise, one day will be the day of embarkation and the other the night before debarkation and I understand Cunard have relaxed their dress codes for both these nights. I was worried we might be the only ones dressed up although we are sailing from the UK and Brits do tend to dress up smarter on non formal nights.

From my experience of these 2 day cruises, the guests make a point of dressing up even though they don't have to.

Thanks. that's good. I love that side of cruising.

Did you have to carry your cases on?