Carnival Glory after dry dock

bitofun

Yeah I know that part. What I meant was it's not showing as an option in the link that was provided.

Sorry I didn't look who asked. Your like the Glory Queen.

Interesting it's not showing on the link.

It does show it on the deck plan

Hahahahahaha! Is that better than being the Dancing Queen? Definitely not better than Dairy Queen [emoji39]!

If you don't mind me asking, do you really like the Glory...is that why you've been on it the most? The reason I ask it because we recently booked on the Glory for 2018. We were aboard the Conquest last year and, as far as I can tell, their layouts are very similar, if not almost identical (aside from the recent dry dock work on the Glory). Would you agree? We're even staying in almost the same place as we did on the Conquest (purely by coincidence). At least we'll have a good idea of where everything is.

If you don't mind me asking, do you really like the Glory...is that why you've been on it the most? The reason I ask it because we recently booked on the Glory for 2018. We were aboard the Conquest last year and, as far as I can tell, their layouts are very similar, if not almost identical (aside from the recent dry dock work on the Glory). Would you agree? We're even staying in almost the same place as we did on the Conquest (purely by coincidence). At least we'll have a good idea of where everything is.

Yes they are the same class. I just like Glory because I'm familiar with the ship, I like the ports, I like leaving from Miami, and I have gotten to know some of the crew over the years. I have had the same Bartender every cruise since I started going on Glory! She is the best. Always remembers me and asks about my mom because sometimes she cruises with me. Last cruise she didn't, so I put her on the phone and they talked. It's like going to my second home. Kind of hard to explain. I guess I feel like why mess with a good thing?

I just looked at the link of the dining options on the Glory and I didn't see the place that has the "wraps". Is it still there?

What type of BBQ is it? Is it like a shredded pork? Because what I call BBQ at our house is more like a sloppy joe with ground beef.....

Edited by august1963
Addition

I just looked at the link of the dining options on the Glory and I didn't see the place that has the "wraps". Is it still there?

What type of BBQ is it? Is it like a shredded pork? Because what I call BBQ at our house is more like a sloppy joe with ground beef.....

No, it's actualy BBQ. Smoked meats with sauces. Pork, beef, maybe some sausage. Meat cooked over a wood fire. Definitely not a Sloppy Joe. (FYI I find it funny that people in different areas call foods different things. My In-laws call Sloppy Joes - Hot Tamales......WTH? They are nothing like a tamale....but that's what they call them. When they ask if I want a hot tamale I say "No thanks....but I'd love one of those Sloppy Joe's over there..." :)

(FYI I find it funny that people in different areas call foods different things. My In-laws call Sloppy Joes - Hot Tamales......WTH? They are nothing like a tamale....but that's what they call them. When they ask if I want a hot tamale I say "No thanks....but I'd love one of those Sloppy Joe's over there..." :)
My grandma used to call sloppy Joe's "yip yip." My mom does too. Not sure where that originated from and I don't think I've heard it called that anywhere else.

This was posted in another thread, taken on the current cruise. It's the BBQ place on Glory that replaced the fish & chips. Kind of hard to tell, but I think the sign says "Ol' Fashioned BBQ." Strangely, it's still not listed in the Glory's dining options on their site. Menu looks great, we look forward to it.

I saw this at breakfast. Deck 10 above the buffet on other ships is a seafood station. My first time in Glory but here it's bbq.

54f343fd5961e58fb01584093d11ed31.jpg

cfff07c970434ee5cb53c08b8e1ab74e.jpg

The BBQ is so good!! The first few days no one knows its there! Plates of pulled pork, ribs, bbq chicken, different bbq sauces and great sides. We brought a salad up there and added bbq every day at lunch!

I will be living there....mmmmmm lol

No, it's actualy BBQ. Smoked meats with sauces. Pork, beef, maybe some sausage. Meat cooked over a wood fire. Definitely not a Sloppy Joe. (FYI I find it funny that people in different areas call foods different things. My In-laws call Sloppy Joes - Hot Tamales......WTH? They are nothing like a tamale....but that's what they call them. When they ask if I want a hot tamale I say "No thanks....but I'd love one of those Sloppy Joe's over there..." :)

When we lived in the Eastern Kentucky/West Virginia area, "sloppy joes" were called "wimpies" and served with cole slaw on top. Strange. . . .

So glad this bbq area on the ship is NOT serving sloppy joes!!!!

Was curious about the shut down of any water related equipment so I called Carnival today at 5pm eastern and they report that no equipment, no pools, no slides are shut down currently. They went on to acknowledge some changes to food areas and only that wet areas and pools are typically drained during docking/departure.

?????

Heading out this Saturday.. would be sad to see ANY maintenance topside as we always enjoy the liveliness of the activities by everybody.

Was curious about the shut down of any water related equipment so I called Carnival today at 5pm eastern and they report that no equipment, no pools, no slides are shut down currently. They went on to acknowledge some changes to food areas and only that wet areas and pools are typically drained during docking/departure.

?????

Heading out this Saturday.. would be sad to see ANY maintenance topside as we always enjoy the liveliness of the activities by everybody.

The third week after drydock is usually when the calm starts

We were in the Glory last week 11-18. The sushi is on the starboard side of the ship on the lido deck between the buffet areas. I didn't eat there, but wanted to, and didn't notice it was a pay option. We hardly noticed any construction noise, except on port days when we were back early. However they are actively working. Doing repairs on the stairs around the waterworks area outside of the blocked off area. The aft pool had an issue the first day but was open after that. I'm not sure exactly what they are doing but you could definitely smell fumes on and off all cruise from them doing something, some kind of solvent? We were on deck 8 near the atrium. The biggest thing we noticed is that they are running a skeleton crew to make room for the contractors doing the work. We hardly saw our room stewards, and only had 1 that we know of. Also any problems we had, or services we asked for took days to get done. 2 days for a bag of laundry, 3 days to get adjoining balconies opened, 2 days to get our TV working and never did get the main power outlet repaired. The lines at guest services were very long and I was on hold for over an hour and never did get to talk to a person. We did lose our cold water in our room one morning. I was up quite early and went to guest services with no line that time in the AM. Someone had the shower fixed before I got back to the room from breakfast and didn't even wake the kiss and wife. We never did get the cold fixed in our sink though. We just got tired of waiting/complaining and lived with the water and power outlet. The main deck was also very crowded compared to normal, we had our 2 young kids and getting into the pool and a chair was out of the question on sea days. Far worse then any of the previous cruises we have been on. We really noticed the extra pool and hot tub missing because that is where we always took the kids, but for most it probably isn't a big deal. Also anything near the atrium is very loud in the evenings. All the evening events were held in the lobby instead of the decks, I assume because of th construction eye sore. We always get a room in the same area and have never had an issue with the lobby noise until this cruise. Overall the cruise director was the best we have had, and the crew was exceptional as per the usual, there just aren't nearly as many as normal.

Also on 3/18 sailing. Really looking forward to warm weather as its a balmy 18 degrees in the Syracuse,NY area today with sub zero windchill. Hoping all is shipshape on the Glory and our post dry dock fears will be resolved before we board. I'm sure we'll be updated by those sailing today on the real story.

Hi, do u have any current updates? Mostly worried about the water slide being available for my kids to use.. we sail on April 1st.