Changing from Celebrity to MSC because of new family addition

karli_ratte

We've mainly cruised with Celebrity Cruises before and were always very happy, but were thinking about trying MSC for our next cruise as we have a baby now (kids are free on MSC, more family-oriented than CC).

I'm rather worried though that we might not like it as I have difficulty finding something similar to what we're used to.

We always booked Aqua Class on CC, not because of the Spa but because of the separate restaurant. We don't like the big dining rooms, set dinner times or sharing a table (very anti-social of us, I know...). I don't see anything like that on MSC.

Also, is there a spread sheet or another way of finding out which cabins are good/bad (noise, small/large balconies, better for families etc.)?

Any other hints?

We're looking at cruises leaving from European ports as we don't want to travel too far with a baby (most likely out of Venice or Hamburg), if that makes a difference.

Any suggestion will be highly appreciated :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Aurea experience is what you are looking for if you want flexible dinning. You also get access to the spa (adults only) and drinks included. They have balcony and suits available in this class. The next level up is the YC. Though YC cabins aren't all bigger than the Aurea suits, so don't automatically choose YC because you will have more space. Look carefully at the cabin plans before you book.

I am sure you will have a lovely time.

I so enjoyed my MSC experience i am now booked on the Merivigula & Seaside 😀

Sent from my SM-N910F using Forums mobile app

Bear in mind MSC is a totally different experience to X - most Celebrity fans do not like the MSC on-board vibe.

I would agree that an Aurea booking would suit your needs and that if Yacht Club is within your budget range - depending on the ship you choose as it's only on Fantasia class ships which don't sail from Venice - even better!!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Forums mobile app

We have done the same as you for the same reason. We are on Celebrity in a few weeks, but without our one year old. He will join us on Divina in November.

We booked a cabin in the Yacht Club for a few reasons.

1. The dining room in the YC offers mostly private tables.

2. The cabin we are in is a two room cabin. This will help with nap times for our son.

3. Bath tub for son's baths.

4. A few hours a day of childcare offered in children's area.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Forums mobile app

We don't like the big dining rooms

I think there is an exclusive dining room only in YC. In Aurea experience, you only have flexibility.

Thouhg.... you can book on Aurea and dine in the speciality restuarants (you can buy a pack...), if you don't want YC...