Our Carnival Pride Repo Journeys Cruise (with pics) - 2/26/17

Jamman54

20 minutes ago, princess76021 said:

Hey Jeff! 

Just off the Pride, wonderful cruise review as usual 🙂

we've been to the Panama canal twice, once in 2015 full transit from Los Angeles to Ft. Lauderdale (old locks)  on the Island Princess for our 45 anniversary and a partical transit in 2019 (early 50th anniversary) round trip Galveston on the  Freedom (new locks) both times breath taking!!!  Reliving that was especially awesome for me.

i see when you guys pulled into Limon it was raining, ironically it rained on us also, however, it rained so hard they wouldn't let us off the ship!  Thank heavens for your review I got to see what we missed!

now on to the Magic!!!

hugs

nicki

You got through that review pretty quickly. You must be power reading! 😀

Next up is the first of our "combo" reviews, a B2B on the Magic immediately followed by a cruise on the newly renovated Elation. Enjoy! 😎

2 minutes ago, Jamman54 said:

You got through that review pretty quickly. You must be power reading! 😀

Next up is the first of our "combo" reviews, a B2B on the Magic immediately followed by a cruise on the newly renovated Elation. Enjoy! 😎

I'm in serious cruise withdrawal! If I'm not reading you I'm reading a book which BTW iis called The Last Cruise 😞 so you can see why I'd rather read your reviews!! And any others I can get my eyes on! 

Hopefully  cruising will return before March!!!

Hugs

Nicki

• 1 year later...
On 4/2/2017 at 11:00 AM, Jamman54 said:

It took us about 15 minutes to reach the Barcelo Aruba. We checked in at the main desk and received our wrist bands.

Hi Jamman54,

I have an upcoming day pass at Barcelo Aruba, and wondering what type of ID you used, and did they keep it till you left? Thanks!

59 minutes ago, craig01020 said:

Hi Jamman54,

I have an upcoming day pass at Barcelo Aruba, and wondering what type of ID you used, and did they keep it till you left? Thanks!

Thanks for reading! Glad they are back to doing day passes again. When we were in Aruba on the Horizon last August, they weren't doing day passes yet. We love this place and will head back there in January. To answer your question, it's been so long that I honestly don't remember if we had to give them ID's. I remember giving them my confirmation email and my credit card to pay the balance and to cover any not included incidentals, but that's about it. Enjoy your time there! :classic_cool:

3 hours ago, Jamman54 said:

Glad they are back to doing day passes again.

Well...it's not until February so a lot could change by then. We were in Aruba in February on Freedom (our first masked cruise). Cruising on NCL in a few weeks, hopefully without masks. Crazy times, eh?

Thanks for your response.

59 minutes ago, craig01020 said:

Well...it's not until February so a lot could change by then. We were in Aruba in February on Freedom (our first masked cruise). Cruising on NCL in a few weeks, hopefully without masks. Crazy times, eh?

Thanks for your response.

After your first post I checked to see if they were doing day passes, and they are! 👍

• Like 1

On 3/14/2017 at 4:28 AM, Jamman54 said:

We went back to the front desk at 1:30 and asked the guy manning the desk if our room was ready yet. He rudely said “check-in time is 3:00pm!” When I explained to him that we had requested early check-in, and that we were told to come back at 1:30, he became even ruder. “Check-in time is 3:00pm Sir”. Okay, so we took a seat in the lobby to wait. There were quite a few people there in the same situation as us.

What made it even more frustrating was watching people getting off the shuttle, walking up to the desk, and getting their rooms. I even saw a guy with no reservation walk up to the desk and get a room. KrusinKris and Ken had gotten their room. What’s going on?

Then I noticed that those people that were waiting with us still had their luggage on luggage carts. We were told we had to take our luggage off our cart and store them in a room behind the front desk when we went to lunch. So now, when we finally do get a room, there will be no luggage carts available!

Magically at 3:00pm all rooms were ready. Of course there was now a huge line of people waiting to check-in, but fortunately we were up front. Their check-in process was extremely slow, taking a good 10 to 15 minutes for each room. Finally with room keys in hand, it took another 10 minutes for someone to get our luggage out of the back room.

Since there were no luggage carts available, we had to drag our luggage around the corner to the elevators. We got on an empty elevator and pushed the button for the 6th floor. These elevators were real slow. It seemed to take forever for us to reach our destination. We reached the 6th floor, the doors “dinged”, but did not open. Patti pushed the “open door” button several times, nothing. She pushed the “6” button several times, nothing. It seems like we are stuck in the elevator! Patti thought we should try to go back down, so she pushed the “5” button. The doors opened. Needless to say, this elevator would be out of service for the next day and a half. Not good, since now there was only one elevator to service the entire hotel!

We were in Room 607 on the City Side. The room was functional, but outdated. I understand that they are currently updating rooms, but ours was not…..

IMG_0386-M.jpg

IMG_0387-M.jpg

IMG_0388-M.jpg

IMG_0390-M.jpg

The drain in our bathroom sink would back up if you ran the water for more than 5 seconds. Several calls to the Front Desk resulted in nothing being done for the three days that we stayed there. Hey, send up a bottle of Drano and I’ll pour it in myself!

IMG_0391-M.jpg

We were very tired since we were up at 2:30 this morning, so we napped until it was time to go to dinner. We decided to just go to the Beach Bar & Grill again. We went outside just in time to catch this beautiful sunset over the Bay…..

IMG_0260-M.jpg

To be continued……

The Westin Tampa Bay or the Sailport Suites are nicer without the rude staff. Gingerma will take note😁