Almond Milk

imajavalover2

Does anyone know for sure if Carnival has almond milk available? I am sailing on the Splendor in May and need to know for sure. Just found out I have a dairy allergy and should be avoiding dairy. My timing is not good for a cruise. :( Is it available in the specialty coffee shop? I figure I can buy a cup of it to put in my coffee in the morning if they don't have it available during breakfast. Any info would be great!

It does seem that every nearly manufactured food product has some kind of dairy ingredient in it.

I too have heard negative anecdotes about soy but haven't been able to back them up from mainstream authoritative sources. Like anything, best to keep consumption of it in moderation.

I do not think Carnival has almond milk. For creamer, may I suggest the coconut based ones, I believe I saw them in a Walmart, but for sure check health food stores. Also, Smart & Finals sell small no-frig needed flavored creamers that are non dairy.

There should be soy milk available (I know, I know, all you paranoid types think soy is a GMO killer---look at science, not marketing and socio-political hype). You can request it or lactose free type milk through Special Needs. Or bring your own. Check the ingredients of your brand of almond milk. Mostly water and a sweetener of some sort. Maybe a couple of almonds and then almond extract for flavoring. It'd take nearly a tree of almonds to get a glass of "milk" .:rolleyes:

I actually have checked my almond milk ingredients very carefully. I would rather spend the extra bucks and buy the real stuff. As far as the soy milk.. no thanks. I have contacted special needs and they are setting me right up with my request! [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm a big fan of almond milk...

On my last sailing on Carnival in 2016, during breakfast I asked one of the chefs standing behind the scrambled eggs if they had almond milk. They said no almond milk, but they did have soy milk. You just have to ask for it :)

Good idea! The only problem is I won't have a car when going to the port to pick some up. [emoji11] Although Carnival did get back to me and said they will have almond milk available for me! I hope they are right about that! I can't live without my coffee! I suppose the special coffee shop may carry it to or flavored creamers?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The individual coffee creamer pods are non-dairy. (i.e. coffeemate or international delight) If you like coffee creamer bring some of those with you.
We typically bring the Coffeemate powder; much less likely to damage clothing in our luggage than the liquid in pods.

Just don't repackage the Coffeemate powder in plastic bags if you're flying to the port: White powder in plastic bags attracts the attention of TSA.

We typically bring the Coffeemate powder; much less likely to damage clothing in our luggage than the liquid in pods.

Just don't repackage the Coffeemate powder in plastic bags if you're flying to the port: White powder in plastic bags attracts the attention of TSA.

But do seal the container of Coffeemate powder in a bag. Trust me on this one. Opened a suitcase after a flight and there were a mushroom cloud of Coffeemate. All the clothing had to be washed and the bedroom dusted and vacuumed. It wasn't a good end to a vacation.

• 2 weeks later...

BUMPING this in case anyone found the answer. I did read on another thread that soy and almond milk cartons were found in the Lido buffet and breakfast but can anyone else confirm? I was thinking maybe the coffee shop would offer almond milk? If not, I saw Costco makes individual almond milk cartons. However, we are getting Cheers to avoid the hassle of having to bring onboard beverages (flying from Fla to Seattle for Alaska cruise) so would love to have a definitive answer. Thanks!:)

Most of Carnival's quartermasters order Lactaid, Almond Milk, Soy Milk, skim, 2%, and whole milk in quart containers to be stocked in the MDR, Specialty Restaurants, Coffee bar, Lido Buffet, and at select bars (usually the ones w/ a espresso machine). BUT ultimately it is up to the Maitre'D, restaurant manager, lead barista, buffet manager, and lead bartender to make sure they have it on hand at those particular areas at all service times. Other than the MDR and by asking at the Buffet sometimes the other areas may lack 1 or more of the 3 alternate milks, so be prepared to go "hunting" or wait if not available currently at a chosen venue.

At the buffet only skim or low fat, 1%, 2%, chocolate, and sometimes strawberry milk are put out in the little individual serving cartons. At the self serve coffee stations only whole milk and cream (half-n-half) are in the pitchers. You need to ask a buffet server if looking for a glass of Lactaid, Almond, or Soy milks.(Also if allergies or severe intolerance are involved ask to see the carton being poured, once in my case they gave me soy milk, something I'm highly allergic to, instead of Lactaid.)

Most of all be proactive even if it is only a preference indicate on your booking the need for the milk alternatives and at the MDR inform both the hostess staff and your head waiter. As one last note I have been told, though never have done it, that room service can deliver a quart of whatever milk alternative you may want to the cabin.

Most of Carnival's quartermasters order Lactaid, Almond Milk, Soy Milk, skim, 2%, and whole milk in quart containers to be stocked in the MDR, Specialty Restaurants, Coffee bar, Lido Buffet, and at select bars (usually the ones w/ a espresso machine). BUT ultimately it is up to the Maitre'D, restaurant manager, lead barista, buffet manager, and lead bartender to make sure they have it on hand at those particular areas at all service times. Other than the MDR and by asking at the Buffet sometimes the other areas may lack 1 or more of the 3 alternate milks, so be prepared to go "hunting" or wait if not available currently at a chosen venue.

At the buffet only skim or low fat, 1%, 2%, chocolate, and sometimes strawberry milk are put out in the little individual serving cartons. At the self serve coffee stations only whole milk and cream (half-n-half) are in the pitchers. You need to ask a buffet server if looking for a glass of Lactaid, Almond, or Soy milks.(Also if allergies or severe intolerance are involved ask to see the carton being poured, once in my case they gave me soy milk, something I'm highly allergic to, instead of Lactaid.)

Most of all be proactive even if it is only a preference indicate on your booking the need for the milk alternatives and at the MDR inform both the hostess staff and your head waiter. As one last note I have been told, though never have done it, that room service can deliver a quart of whatever milk alternative you may want to the cabin.

Thanks so much! That was extremely helpful! :)