Live from Navigator March 17, 2017 - Ship Faced Shamrock

Sorry that I bailed on the live updates last night.

After sail away I demonstrated some emotional maturity and walked away from the sauce factory and retreated to the Vitality Spa for a few hours to get a massage.

It was a very relaxing 90 minutes of kneading and rolling (bamboo). The masseuse even topped me off with cheese and pepperoni for good measure.

After showering it was time for dinner at Sabor.

My reservation was at 8:30 PM and the restaurant was completely full when I arrived, which seemed odd for the first night, but was probably due to the influence of the dining staff lurking the pool deck earlier in the day enticing passengers that were a few drinks in to sign up for speciality restaurants.

Service was prompt and I started with the guacamole.

cc042fe8704e38e63a2c033ed20daf31.jpg

Followed by the chicken stuffed jalapeños.

e19a8367470f2d813db3e1592bdbc086.jpg

Finished up by the chicken empanada.

7fe89452fb57c4673da822df97136cf4.jpg

Dessert sampler, which sadly I didn't touch, but is definitely one of the highlights dining at Sabor.

ce7f203451c07c42d71d2b28019234f9.jpg

Lighting was very poor in Sabor and I only had my phone on me, so I apologize for the poor quality of the photos.

After Sabor, I walked by the Two Poets Pub to see if the St Paddy's Day activity was in full swing. As expected there were only about a dozen people there scattered throughout. So I headed up to the Cosmopolitan Club (F/K/A Viking Crown Lounge) and caught the tail end of karaoke.

At 11PM, DJ Tic Tac took over the ones and twos and actually was successful in getting a decent crowd onto the dance floor, largely because of a heavy assortment of 70s and 80s club favorites. Think Brick House, Boogie Shoes, Play that Funky Music, etc...

2fcb5bfaa97e2e2e704d50bb69cccbac.jpg

At midnight, Tic Tac moved onto a more modern selection of club music, which not surprisingly lead to a mass exodus.

By about 1:30 AM ironically Tic Tac's breathe started to wreak and I know that as the order from his yawns began to overtake the dance floor.

So the handful of us still there left before the LOC came on.

Pizza at Cafe Promenade and then bed.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The Plaza Bar in the Windjammer is without an espresso machine as it went "poof" according to the gentleman manning the CP coffee bar. So this is your only option at the moment.

6bda5542ddd61ff9507f355d1b037805.jpg

I haven't been to the Diamond or Concierge lounge yet to see what the status is.

Is the "Ca" in Cafe Promenade still burnt out? They tried fixing it on the second day of our trip, but it didn't work for some reason. It annoyed my OCD the whole trip 😂

Sent from Tapatalk

The fact that:

1. You are up; and

2. You read through this thread

Both pretty spectacular accomplishments Mr. P.

Next you are going to tell me you are going to the M&M.

I promptly fell back to sleep. 👌

So after an hour in the gym.

ad1896478e8737b0564fb6e3221783d9.jpg

I pause here to give York an account of my workout. He is very critical of the general health of his fellow cruisers.

3 mile run

1000M row

1 mile run

1000M row

1 mile run

20 minutes of free weights

What was I saying? Oh yes, after all that, I return to my cabin to have Rouston standing at my door with these diabetes minis. I will say that these plates are finally beginning to look appetizing.

431a7654689ef0fc2221104d8b2448fa.jpg

Edited by CruiseLifeRick

So after an hour in the gym.

ad1896478e8737b0564fb6e3221783d9.jpg

I pause here to give York an account of my workout. He is very critical of the general health of his fellow cruisers.

3 mile run

1000M row

1 mile run

1000M row

1 mile run

20 minutes of free weights

Haha! Just stay away from that water fountain.

I wish all the people that say "the ship's water tastes fine" were on the NV with me a week ago when the water in that fountain looked like skim milk.

I know Rick is a bottled water drinker and would never put his lips near that trash.

Tagging along. Loving the review so far.

Your balcony looks amazing! We didn't book in time to get an aft for the first time ever. [emoji853] We sail in April in a center hump I grabbed after a cancellation. I don't know if I'll like it as much as an aft, but at least I'll know for sure which I prefer after this.

I wish all the people that say "the ship's water tastes fine" were on the NV with me a week ago when the water in that fountain looked like skim milk.

I know Rick is a bottled water drinker and would never put his lips near that trash.

$3 Dasanis all day, York, all day!

Making mental note to avoid water fountain at all costs.... [emoji1]

Sent from Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 using Tapatalk

I don't get as depressed reading a review when I'm sailing myself in a week!!

This is getting me revved up for my cruise!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by jagsfan

The Plaza Bar in the Windjammer is without an espresso machine as it went "poof" according to the gentleman manning the CP coffee bar. So this is your only option at the moment.

I haven't been to the Diamond or Concierge lounge yet to see what the status is.

This expresso machine was nonfunctional on our February 17 cruise, so it didn't "just go poof". Also, the use of this bar for Chops and Giovanni's can make for a long wait for a cocktail in those restaurants, so I advise bringing one in to start.

This expresso machine was nonfunctional on our February 17 cruise, so it didn't "just go poof". Also, the use of this bar for Chops and Giovanni's can make for a long wait for a cocktail in those restaurants, so I advise bringing one in to start.

First off, stellar name you have. Second off, I never walk into any dinner without a libation. One never knows how long that intermission can be.

First off, stellar name you have. Second off, I never walk into any dinner without a libation. One never knows how long that intermission can be.

Liking your name better for this website.

You might consider 2 beverages upon entry.

Our 2nd time at Giovanni's, dinner took all of 2 hours, 90 minutes spent waiting for something more than bread. It was comped.