mini bar elite perk question

cibaygirls

We are elite and will have the AIPB on our cruise in October. If I switch out all my items for a bottle of wine, can I take that bottle to the MDR and give it to a table mate? If it is a bottle from onboard, will there be a corkage fee?

There is no corkage in the MDR for a bottle of wine from Princess.

You may give the bottle of wine to anyone you want (as long as they are legal drinking age), and there is still no corkage in the MDR for the bottle.

If you don't trade out the mini

Oh sorry, I wasn't completely clear there. They sell the 1 Liter bottles of Myers in the duty free shop onboard.

AE_Collector

Can you buy from the duty-free shop to drink on-board or is that just to take home?

1 liter sounds like a lot. Isn't that a lot bigger than a "normal" size bottle?

Can you buy from the duty-free shop to drink on-board or is that just to take home?

You can drink on the ship if you like, especially if you order the liquor on the first leg of a B2B trip.

It arrives before the end of the first voyage. ;p

You can drink on the ship if you like, especially if you order the liquor on the first leg of a B2B trip.

It arrives before the end of the first voyage. ;p

Not always, they have been wising up to that a bit lately I have found. And other than if you were doing a B2B how are you proposing it be drank on the ship? Open it up right there in the Duty Free shop? Or maybe downing it the last evening once they have delivered it to your room?

Enquiring minds want to know!

One liter is about 36 ounces give or take.

AE_Collector

Edited by AE_Collector

Not always, they have been wising up to that a bit lately I have found. And other than if you were doing a B2B how are you proposing it be drank on the ship? Open it up right there in the Duty Free shop? Or maybe downing it the last evening once they have delivered it to your room?

Enquiring minds want to know!

One liter is about 36 ounces give or take.

AE_Collector

All I'm saying is that on B2B trips they deliver ordered liquor at the end of the first trip, which can be drank on the second leg.

Even if you don't purchase anything of the ship it's easy to just walk past them at the collection desk & take it to your room during the trip. Their collection desk is very lax on collecting liquor.

It's almost like you have to force them to take it. (for safe keeping of course). :D

All I'm saying is that on B2B trips they deliver ordered liquor at the end of the first trip, which can be drank on the second leg.

Maybe sometimes, but often they know you are not disembarking and it does not get delivered until the end of the last segment.

Even if you purchase it ion the boutique the last day when you are generally allowed to take it with you, if the purchase is made at a ash register inside the boutique it will show you are not disembarking and you cannot take the purchase with you.

What a bummer they are putting the voyage on the coffee cards now. This is the first time I will be in a suite and can trade for the coffee cards. I already have a partial card so was hoping to save it for fresh brewed on a future cruise!!

I have partial cards but never even considered trying to use them for fresh brewed on a future cruise. If I want fresh brewed I use an unmarked card. If my wife then gets it punched the staff all know it started out on that cruise with no punches. I don't need to circumvent the intended parameters of the program.

Maybe sometimes, but often they know you are not disembarking and it does not get delivered until the end of the last segment.

Even if you purchase it ion the boutique the last day when you are generally allowed to take it with you, if the purchase is made at a ash register inside the boutique it will show you are not disembarking and you cannot take the purchase with you.

I haven't run into that problem yet but if I do I'll have another Elite who's leaving make a straw purchase for me if I want it that bad.