Reflection Brief Review

Tedferg

First cruise on Celebrity, Eastern Caribbean, March 4th. Overall very pleased with Celebrity.

Concierge Cabin two perks, Classic Drinks and $150pp OBC

Classic Package would have been fine except for poor white wine choices for DW - one OK Chardonnay would have been nice. I too could have been happy with Classic - expected more beer choices but could have stayed with Heineken - don't know why Stella is limited to Premium. Only craft beers were Boston Larger and Sierra Nevada - both of which I like but not really enough to upgrade for.

We upgraded both drinks packages on second day with OBC - but had been in five bars then and never once asked to upgrade !

Sail Day offer of 30% of Specialty Dining - did not take it and did not see any other Specialty Promos. We had decided to stay with MDR so did not look for Specialty discount.

Select Dining and were seated quickly - only once had a buzzer and wait for 30 minutes at 6:45. We were always seated at a two top, though agreeable with sharing. We mostly share on Princess and enjoy it - surprised that we did not get that option on Celebrity.

We found the Celebrity bars to be a little fragmented - a lot of smaller 'special' bars. We enjoy Crooners with piano player on Princess and did not find a large convivial bar on Reflection. Last day we stumbled upon Ensemble bar and wished we'd found it sooner - looks more like Crooners. I guess we missed it because we did not got to Specialty Dining.

Entertainment was excellent and CD Sue was fabulous. Elysium, Beatles Tribute and comedian Robbie Prinze were the best - however we enjoyed every show.

Cabin Steward and crew in general were great - smiling and helpful.

Two days of rough seas out of Miami and did not get to Puerto Rico until 6:30, leaving at 9:30. We went ashore, got hit by pouring rain and returned to the ship - Hey we have a Drink package and good food in MDR who needs cold windy rain in the dark !

First cruise on Celebrity, Eastern Caribbean, March 4th. Overall very pleased with Celebrity.

Concierge Cabin two perks, Classic Drinks and $150pp OBC

Classic Package would have been fine except for poor white wine choices for DW - one OK Chardonnay would have been nice. I too could have been happy with Classic - expected more beer choices but could have stayed with Heineken - don't know why Stella is limited to Premium. Only craft beers were Boston Larger and Sierra Nevada - both of which I like but not really enough to upgrade for.

We upgraded both drinks packages on second day with OBC - but had been in five bars then and never once asked to upgrade !

Sail Day offer of 30% of Specialty Dining - did not take it and did not see any other Specialty Promos. We had decided to stay with MDR so did not look for Specialty discount.

Select Dining and were seated quickly - only once had a buzzer and wait for 30 minutes at 6:45. We were always seated at a two top, though agreeable with sharing. We mostly share on Princess and enjoy it - surprised that we did not get that option on Celebrity.

We found the Celebrity bars to be a little fragmented - a lot of smaller 'special' bars. We enjoy Crooners with piano player on Princess and did not find a large convivial bar on Reflection. Last day we stumbled upon Ensemble bar and wished we'd found it sooner - looks more like Crooners. I guess we missed it because we did not got to Specialty Dining.

Entertainment was excellent and CD Sue was fabulous. Elysium, Beatles Tribute and comedian Robbie Prinze were the best - however we enjoyed every show.

Cabin Steward and crew in general were great - smiling and helpful.

Two days of rough seas out of Miami and did not get to Puerto Rico until 6:30, leaving at 9:30. We went ashore, got hit by pouring rain and returned to the ship - Hey we have a Drink package and good food in MDR who needs cold windy rain in the dark !

Was on the same cruise. The weather was bad those first few days but did get better. Did you run into the old man in the electric wheelchair who was wearing the red "Make America Great Again" hat along with the americans flags on his chair? My wife and I speak spanish when we do not want others to hear what we are talking about. The old man heard us and told us "mexicans" to speak english or go home. We just laughed at him and continued speaking spanish.

How did your DW like the wine selection with the premium package?

Chardonnay was fine - DW is very easy to please with wine - we use Toasted Head or Kendal Jackson at home ~ $8-9 a bottle. We just laid our Sea Pass cards on the table with Premium sticker showing and asked Sommelier for suggestion. It was always good.

To other posters - yes I meant March :D We used stay-park-fly and I put down May 13 as return date - Got to learn how to read a Calendar !

Was on the same cruise. The weather was bad those first few days but did get better. Did you run into the old man in the electric wheelchair who was wearing the red "Make America Great Again" hat along with the americans flags on his chair? My wife and I speak spanish when we do not want others to hear what we are talking about. The old man heard us and told us "mexicans" to speak english or go home. We just laughed at him and continued speaking Spanish.

Thankfully we did not see him - would have been priceless to reply to him in English :evilsmile:

Chardonnay was fine - DW is very easy to please with wine - we use Toasted Head or Kendal Jackson at home ~ $8-9 a bottle. We just laid our Sea Pass cards on the table with Premium sticker showing and asked Sommelier for suggestion. It was always good.

To other posters - yes I meant March :D We used stay-park-fly and I put down May 13 as return date - Got to learn how to read a Calendar !

Thanks for the info:) I'm ready to go!:cool: I think you're having trouble with the calendar because your vacation wasn't long enough lol. Time to book another cruise!

Thanks for the info. We will be on Reflection soon.

I concur with your upgrade to premium. We do that often if we get the package included.

We did find that select dining in the Caribbean isn't as congenial - on our last Caribbean cruise, we had Select dining and had made reservations in advance and requested tables for 8 or 6 (in that order). We were always offered a table for two. It was most annoying since we had made the requests that it seemed the women at the entrance had never even looked at the requests. Every day we had to say, no, we would like a table to share since we have spent all day together and would like to meet others. It made us choose not to do Select again if we ever do another Caribbean cruise. So it wasn't you. Or supposition is that there were quite a few people traveling together again and they had reserved the large tables for their little groups.

Beth

bbappel - agree with your comments on sharing tables - we asked to share and were told 'we have no big tables' we were seated at the same two top on two evenings and the big tables around us seemed to have the same groups of people both nights.

One night we could talk to the couple on the two tops each side of us but other nights the other table was across the aisle and so no conversation. We had great conversations on three occasions in the Buffet - that made is miss MDR sharing even more. Thinking back it would have been better to have a two top next to other two tops - wish we had thought of that.

We find Traditional Dining either too early or too late for us and hard to accommodate the shows. After Port Day we like to have a drink at 6:30, dine at 7:00 then 9:00 show.

Edited by Tedferg

Was on the same cruise. The weather was bad those first few days but did get better. Did you run into the old man in the electric wheelchair who was wearing the red "Make America Great Again" hat along with the americans flags on his chair? My wife and I speak spanish when we do not want others to hear what we are talking about. The old man heard us and told us "mexicans" to speak english or go home. We just laughed at him and continued speaking spanish.

Ha yes he nearly ran in to my tipsy wife and tutted at her she mumbled something in broad Yorkshire swinging her stilettos passed his head

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I would have done the same to that rude person.