Completing a booking if kids don't have passports yet...

frayedend

I would like to complete my booking on the Carnival website. It says to have passport info ready. My kids have the passport cards but they are expiring so my ex-wife and I are going to get them full passports. But this will likely take a month or 2. We aren't sailing until August. Can I complete the booking anyhow and just say we are using birth certificates for now and add passport info later?

I have heard something about getting a boarding time once the booking is complete so I'd like to get that done early.

You don't have to complete booking to choose a check in time. For whatever reason carnival is staying check in time won't be available until 3 months before sail date. We sail in June and was able to choose check in time a few weeks after booking and we are still more than 3 months out. You just have to keep checking. Also I skipped the citizenship info for hubby and I when I was doing our check in (too lazy to get passport card out of the safe) so it's still incomplete. 1st cabin check in incomplete, 2nd cabin check in complete and check in time chosen for both.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

You can never select boarding time, but you can select check-in time.

So after you check in can you board right away? This is new to me. I was on Valor on this Southern itinerary before but they didn't assign check in times as far as I recall.

So after you check in can you board right away? This is new to me. I was on Valor on this Southern itinerary before but they didn't assign check in times as far as I recall.

All the previous weeks guests have to disembark, then the US Authorities must "clear" the ship before new boardings can start.

The answer depends on your check-in time and if there are any delays in the ship being cleared.

All the previous weeks guests have to disembark, then the US Authorities must "clear" the ship before new boardings can start.

The answer depends on your check-in time and if there are any delays in the ship being cleared.

Yeah I realize that. But if the ship is cleared and I get an early check in time then I can board immediately right? Not really concerned about it. I'll be in San Juan after all so I can find stuff to do off the ship. :) Thanks for the info.

No. Check in and boarding are two entirely different processes. But obviously the earlier you check in and lower the boarding number you receive.

An example Galveston starts check in at 10AM. Boarding for the November 27, 2016 cruise didn't start until almost noon. So even if you had the earliest check in time you were still going to wait until the ship cleared and all the passengers from the previous cruise debark.

I would like to complete my booking on the Carnival website. It says to have passport info ready. My kids have the passport cards but they are expiring so my ex-wife and I are going to get them full passports. But this will likely take a month or 2. We aren't sailing until August. Can I complete the booking anyhow and just say we are using birth certificates for now and add passport info later?

I have heard something about getting a boarding time once the booking is complete so I'd like to get that done early.

That's exactly what I would do.:)

Just an update. I was able to choose check in time when I filled out the online Check In. I also had to put a credit card that I don't want to use (the one I will use expires before the cruise and I don't have the new one yet). I chose birth cert for the kids but I can go back and easily edit that also. So no worries on anything. But yeah, cruise is 5 months away and still able to choose check in time. I chose the earliest time of 1 PM. Figure if I'm late no problem but I can get the earliest time if I want.

I booked a cruise today and completed my check in. The cruise is not until mid November. I was able to select a check in time. We are departing from Galveston.

Even if you are the first person to check in at 10am you will have to wait until the wedding parties are boarded followed by the Diamond, Platinum, Suite Guests and FTTF. Also, if there are any travel agents boarding for a ship inspection/luncheon they will go before the Diamond Guests. From the time boarding starts, it can take 30 minutes to get all those people boarded before they start calling those with boarding group numbers.

Waiting for DD's to come in the mail now. ANY. DAY. lol

DH and I are done, but am waiting on hers.

Final payment due on April 10th, so we have plenty of time.

Got our check in time of 11:00 am, but we also have FTTF, so it's irrelevant.

Just want to get everything printed out and put into the "cruise folder".

Like to be organized like that.

95 days to go!!!!! :D