Weekly parking fee in Boston for Boston/Bermuda on Dawn

jancl57

Hi, it's Cindy your balcony neighbor from last year.

This new parking has us confused. Did you tell us last year that you parked at the bow of the ship because they told you the garage was full? And did you say you arrived around 10:30. We arrived at 9:30 and there was a ton of parking open. So that's how fast it filled up.

I know the new open air lot is on Congress St now.

Next week is the first Boston to Bermuda. We're going to drive down and see where the new lot is. But we have full intention to park in the garage like we always do. Unless something changed since two weeks ago when we called, that's still an option.

Since this is relatively new, Congress St....I'm hoping it's all worked out nicely by May 4 when we go.

(Just in case we are not allowed in the garage.) We plan to get there around 9. It's still saying $20 per day on their website.

Parking is atrocious in Boston. Everywhere actually. I'm surprised they save a lot for cruise passengers to be honest. It would seem they'd rather build huge towering condos.

I don't want to deal with waiting for shuttles back to our car when we return to Boston. With our luggage. We like to walk across the street, get in and go. We're home in 20 minutes after we get off.

Hi neighbor

Yes, we arrived about 10:30am and the garage attendant directed us to the shuttle lot because the garage was full. I thought it was strange that it was full so fast. I had taken a ride up before the cruise and scouted the area and found the bow lot..... so when the attendant said go to the shuttle lot I didn't listen....

My understanding is that there is some construction in the bow lot area so I am not 100% sure the bow lot is a available so it would be worth a ride in. I feel you will have no issues getting into the garage at 9am.

I'm not cruising until 2019 on the Gem and I am definitely getting there by 9am to ensure garage parking especially with a bigger ship.

It does look like the garage (EDIC Lot) is $30 a day and the open air lot is $21 (prepaid): http://www.massport.com/cruiseport/to-from-cruiseport/parking-directions/

Seems to be changes to parking again this year. There was a thread on the East Coast Departures Board. It sounds like they are still finalizing things.

The Seaport area where the port is getting more built up. My guess is that they don't want cruisers using the garage because there are more cars parking for the local businesses. There is an office building across from the pier that has gotten more occupancy in recent years.