Weekly parking fee in Boston for Boston/Bermuda on Dawn

jancl57

Hi....One of the reasons we love the Boston/Bermuda cruise is the convenience of just driving in and parking for the week. It's been 4 years since we last cruised. Then it was $120 for the week....anyone know how much parking for the week will be? Is the garage the only option?

Thanks!

From Black Falcon's website:

1 Black Falcon Avenue

South Boston, MA 02210

If parking at the terminal, after dropping your baggage, stay straight on Black Falcon Avenue. The C1 parking lot, located on Terminal Street, is the second open lot on your left. Please note: Black Falcon Avenue turns into Terminal Street. If no spaces are available in the C1 lot, you will be directed to the EDIC garage.

The lot is open air and does not have any height restrictions. There are a limited number of ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act) spaces in the C1 Lot which are available on a first-come, first-served basis.

Ticketed cruise passengers receive a special rate of $24 per 24-hour period. Cash, VISA or MasterCard are accepted

OK, I'm cheap. :) I park with a vendor near the airport. Simple for me, to use their airport shuttle service and ride the Silver line- free to the port, then, $2 something on the way back. Last year was about $75/for the week (8 days) parking.

• 3 weeks later...

We are using the Government Garage Park and Stay program. From 11am the 12th to 11 am the 19th we are paying 108 I think. http://www.governmentcentergarage.com/parking-rates-hours.html

We will make our way to the cruise terminal one way or the other. We are driving from WV where we are dropping our daughter off for the week. We will stop just out of boston the night of the 11th got a steal on a red roof inn room, then we will park the morning of the 12th.

We are using the Government Garage Park and Stay program. From 11am the 12th to 11 am the 19th we are paying 108 I think. http://www.governmentcentergarage.com/parking-rates-hours.html

We will make our way to the cruise terminal one way or the other. We are driving from WV where we are dropping our daughter off for the week. We will stop just out of boston the night of the 11th got a steal on a red roof inn room, then we will park the morning of the 12th.

Really, this is going to be more headache than its worth than to just pay to park at the port.

From Black Falcon's website:

1 Black Falcon Avenue

South Boston, MA 02210

If parking at the terminal, after dropping your baggage, stay straight on Black Falcon Avenue. The C1 parking lot, located on Terminal Street, is the second open lot on your left. Please note: Black Falcon Avenue turns into Terminal Street. If no spaces are available in the C1 lot, you will be directed to the EDIC garage.

The lot is open air and does not have any height restrictions. There are a limited number of ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act) spaces in the C1 Lot which are available on a first-come, first-served basis.

Ticketed cruise passengers receive a special rate of $24 per 24-hour period. Cash, VISA or MasterCard are accepted

Where did you find this? When I look on the massport site, it still says $20 a day for cruise passengers.

I don't think so and I've already made reservations. I'm not paying 24 dollars a day and would prefer a guaranteed covered parking.

I've only commented on a few threads and I'm very surprised at how rude most of the members are. I can easily see how cruisers get such a bad name.

Then again boards always have their trolls. . .

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I've been giving this more thought.

Parking at the port is $140 for a 7 day cruise. Government Center is going to charge you $105. That's a $35 difference. Parking at the government center garage is going to require you to get to/from the port. To take a taxi, let's say its going to cost $15-$20 each way (average) to get to/from the port. At the low end, you are saving $5.00, at the high end its costing you $5.00 more. Your other option is the MBTA. The nearest station is the Haymarket Station on the Orange Line. You would need to take that Downtown Crossing, transfer to the Red Line, take that to South Station, then transfer to the Silver Line to get to Black Falcon. Cost will be $2.75 a person, but you will need to schlep all of your luggage.

For $35, I'd park at the port and be done with it.

Here's the Massport link for $20 per day:

https://www.massport.com/port-of-boston/cruiseport-boston/parking-passenger-drop-off/

It says it is on Fid Kennedy Drive, and not the parking garage nor open lot close by. It does not appear to be the same outside lot as we have used in the past and seems farther away.

A few days ago there was a Massport link for $24 per day; can't seem to find it now.

Here's the Massport link for $20 per day:

https://www.massport.com/port-of-boston/cruiseport-boston/parking-passenger-drop-off/

It says it is on Fid Kennedy Drive, and not the parking garage nor open lot close by. It does not appear to be the same outside lot as we have used in the past and seems farther away.

My quote above is wrong and I couldn't edit it. The map in the link says "cruise parking" at 22 Fid Kennedy Drive... but the narrative further explains it is the cell phone lot.

I don't think so and I've already made reservations. I'm not paying 24 dollars a day and would prefer a guaranteed covered parking.

I've only commented on a few threads and I'm very surprised at how rude most of the members are. I can easily see how cruisers get such a bad name.

Then again boards always have their trolls. . .

Mrs.Judy... I don't think it was the intent of the person to be rude. I think she/he was just stating that it may be less stress and headache to just park at the terminal. If you are paying $105 at Government Center...then cabbing/ubering it to the terminal, the savings may be minimal, if any. Hope you have an amazing cruise! We are on the June 9 Boston/Bermuda cruise.

I'm sorry but taking time out of ones day to map bus routes just so you can feel justified is rude. The 20$ a day is uncovered parking. I was sharing what I have chosen to do. I have free credits on uber and the ride is estimated at 7-8$ regardless as it's only 15 mins away. Even if I don't end up saving I'll be happier in a covered, monitored garage where I don't have to wait on the thousands of people de boarding the ship to exit. If others would prefer to pay the 20$ or the 24$ good for them. Negative comments should be kept to ones self. I've read people badgering each other on their packing choices and choices on excursions. Offering experiences is helpful but not in the way I'm witnessing.

I meant no disrespect of rudeness. I guess I just didn't see the post as being negative or snarky. But that was just my interpretation. I do know that when we parked at the terminal the last time we cruised, we paid $120 in the garage. I was under the impression that the cost of $140 for the week was for the garage. We didn't even know about the uncovered parking. But, having said that, it was 4 years ago and things may have changed. Happy cruising!

Jancl57 thanks but you are not the one I was referring to. It is another poster on this thread.

I know the ncl site states 24$ a day and so did the garage when I googled it. I don't like waiting till the last minute and I like to have reservations for everything. I chose to go a different route and don't care for people telling me what they think about my choices.

Where did you find this? When I look on the massport site, it still says $20 a day for cruise passengers.

Like Buford.... I went looking for it and the website I referenced is gone...... back to $20 BUT it looks like they closed the open air lot that I referenced and now have you parking several blocks away.. also looks like they renamed everything to Flynn Cruisport Terminal from Black Falcon Terminal

http://www.massport.com/port-of-boston/cruiseport-boston/parking-passenger-drop-off/

My quote above is wrong and I couldn't edit it. The map in the link says "cruise parking" at 22 Fid Kennedy Drive... but the narrative further explains it is the cell phone lot.

It's both cruise parking and "cell phone lot"