Concierge class.

Newby58

http://www.celebritycruises.com/onboard-celebrity/staterooms-concierge-class-stateroom

All staterooms include:

Services

• • Our signature friendly, personalized service with a guest to staff ratio of nearly 2:1
  • • Twice daily service (makeup and turndown)
  • • Daily ice service in stainless steel ice buckets

Dining

• • 24 hour room service

Amenities

• • Robe
  • • Complimentary tote bag
  • • Custom blended bath products (shampoo, conditioner and lotion), shower cap, cotton balls and cotton swabs
  • • Water/wine glasses
  • • Celebrity eXhale™ bedding featuring custom premium mattresses, plush duvets and pillows, and pure cotton linens
  • • Hair dryer

Stateroom Features

• • Private mini-bar*
  • • Interactive Samsung flat-screen television system to view and select shore excursions, order room service, and watch movies*
  • • Private safe
  • • Dual voltage 110/220AC outlets

*Additional charges apply.

In addition Concierge Class staterooms include:

Services

• •NEW Dedicated Onboard Concierge desk
  • • Priority check-in
  • • NEW Concierge availability during pier check-in
  • • Priority disembarkation based on travel needs
  • • Exclusive pre-departure lounge
  • • NEW Exclusive Destination Seminar arranged by the Concierge
  • • Complimentary shoeshine service

Dining

• • NEW Exclusive Welcome Aboard Concierge Class Lunch in the Main Restaurant (11:30am - 1:00pm)
  • • Main and specialty restaurant seating time preferences

Amenities

• •Welcome Blanc de Blancs sparkling wine with a commemorative label featuring exclusive art work
  • • Welcome fresh fruit
  • • Daily Delectable Delights
  • • Pillow menu to suit sleeping preferences
  • • Celebrity eXhale™ bedding featuring custom premium mattresses, plush duvets and pillows, and pure cotton linens
  • • Concierge Class Captain's Club points (5 pts per night)
  • • Plush 100% cotton bathrobes & towels
  • • Custom-blended bath amenities
  • • Use of golf umbrella and binoculars
  • • Celebrity tote bag
  • • Celebrity embossed key holder
  • • Celebrity embossed notepad and pen

Stateroom features

• • Hansgrohe® massaging showerhead

Can anyone shed light on how the pillow menu works? Can I try different pillows each night. I've never had a choice of pillows before. What kinds of choices are available?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can anyone shed light on how the pillow menu works? Can I try different pillows each night. I've never had a choice of pillows before. What kinds of choices are available?

Was in a CC cabin last month on the Summit. Did not get a pillow menu. Nothing special about it other than it's location on the ship. Half way thru the cruise, my husband was complaining about his pillow giving him neck problems. That's when I remembered we were supposed to be offered a choice of pillows. We ask our cabin attendant who brought a memory foam type pillow for him to try. It was better than the first one so he used it for the rest of the cruise. Most of what is listed as 'extra's for CC category is really not much of anything. I do like the extended room service menu and the disembarkation day waiting room but that's about it. The afternoon canapes were barely editable most of the time. I picked CC for the cabin location (aft) and not the category itself.

There is no printed menu that I'm aware of. Just the usual hotel choices of feather, polyfil, or memory foam. I just asked our steward to provide a couple of memory foam pillows on our boarding day, since we prefer these at home.

I have a stateroom on deck 12 Celebrity Solstice What does this mean to me?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The Concierge Class balconies and Sky Suites located on Deck 12 are directly below the rather high noise environment of the ocean view café. It is one of the LEAST desirable locations on the ship, and therefore the REASON they were planned, marketed and priced as "better" than other locations that are more quiet.

The AQ cabins on deck 11 are directly under the pool deck... and are also "schlock marketed" as "better" than other locations which are more quiet.

Straight from the P.T. Barnum school of Marketing and Advertising.

The Concierge Class balconies and Sky Suites located on Deck 12 are directly below the rather high noise environment of the ocean view café. It is one of the LEAST desirable locations on the ship, and therefore the REASON they were planned, marketed and priced as "better" than other locations that are more quiet.

The AQ cabins on deck 11 are directly under the pool deck... and are also "schlock marketed" as "better" than other locations which are more quiet.

Straight from the P.T. Barnum school of Marketing and Advertising.

But there are some CC cabins on Deck 10, which which is where we are. Hope that's pretty good?

Edited by benjaminhuf

We have done only 2 cruises on Celebrity. For the first (Mediterranean) we paid additional for Concierge Class, the second we specifically chose NOT to go with Concierge. Also for our upcoming Baltic we chose NOT to go with Concierge class.

Reasons we felt Concierge class was a poor value:

a) Room size is the same. There are many excellent staterooms that are NOT concierge (our Alaska and Baltic)

b) The afternoon "canapes" were a complete joke: 2 mozzarella balls, cherry tomato.

c) Bottle of Celebrity sparkling wine: average, and you pretty much have to drink within 24 hours. Certainly no better than a $20 sparkling wine at the grocery store, and probably on par with anything on the Classic beverage package

d) The priority boarding was unnecessary as we felt Celebrity boarding was efficient and fast no matter what class

e) the "special" waiting area at disembarkation was just a spot in one of the restaurants. We were there for 5 minutes

The ONLY thing I noticed was less-than on the non-Concierge class were the towels and robes; towels on our regular class Alaska cruise were worn--but I probably should have just asked for better towels--and the robe was not quite as fluffy.

Overall, we would rather put $500+ toward other ship amenities or local tours than Concierge class. In the future we may want to try Aqua class just for the dining experience, only because we met a couple who felt the upgrade was probably a good value.

I can see paying $500 for CC class would be too much, but we only paid $50 pp, or $100 for the room. Seems like for some might be worth as much as $200pp?

I agree, $500 extra for CC is a bit excessive. For us, I am so picky about the balcony view that the obstructed views are out of the question. We may end up paying up to three hundred more for the cabin (for 2) but it is worth it. We always try to book in advance and get a C2 for a C3 price (captain's club benefit), deck 12, angle balcony (even side, of course, kidding). We never hear any noise above, love the location, enjoy that footstool, give our sparkling wine to friends we meet who don't have the beverage package or keep it if we don't. We like the extra points. We don't bother with the canapes.

We've also done a sky suite on deck 12, no complaints about the noise above.

OP, I hope you enjoy your deck 12 CC cabin as much as we do!

Just back from the lovely Solstice in Concierge. For $50pp I would still do it, but we paid quite a bit more than that and in my view the only things worthwhile were the welcome lunch, and the footstools on the balcony, hence we would not do it again at an additional cost as we'd rather have spent those $$ elsewhere on the ship. The pillow menu is printed and you have to ask and your concierge will show you the choices (4 from memory). The memory pillows were good :) Feel free to ask me any q's that may help :)

So those "Daily Delectable Delights" just don't seem to impress many people at all....Mmm.

Is it possible to ask your room attendant to bring a cheese plate or something else instead? A standing order for a slice of pie? Or whatever actually is good in the kitchen that day??

On both cruises we ended up going to the upper deck and gathering some cheese, breadsticks and wine, taking it to a nice spot for our "cocktail hour" -- it was just more convenient.

Also, we felt the attendant service was more "attentive" on our Alaska cruise (non-Concierge) than the Concierge, which I chalked up to personality of the attendants more than the class of service.

I'm interested to hear that others paid $50pp for concierge class. We had booked our Med cruise through a travel service that was also running a conference I attended. I assume there was padding in there. However, I thought our stateroom spot (midship) was great. When we booked our upcoming Baltic cruise, we were on the Alaskan cruise and were able to "check out" the position of the stateroom.

I think as we become more experienced cruisers (yay!) we will learn more "tricks of the trade" from the veteran cruisers.

I think the charge for CC class varies greatly. Sometimes it's c. $200 pp, sometimes $150, sometimes $100 pp, and only rarely $50. That's set by Celebrity based on supply and demand. Someone here said that a few times CC can be even slightly less than a regular veranda, but I've never seen that....

I think the charge for CC class varies greatly. Sometimes it's c. $200 pp, sometimes $150, sometimes $100 pp, and only rarely $50. That's set by Celebrity based on supply and demand. Someone here said that a few times CC can be even slightly less than a regular veranda, but I've never seen that....

Our 10/28 Summit cruise has CC at $250 less than balcony and AQ $150 less likely due demand.

So those "Daily Delectable Delights" just don't seem to impress many people at all....Mmm.

Is it possible to ask your room attendant to bring a cheese plate or something else instead? A standing order for a slice of pie? Or whatever actually is good in the kitchen that day??

It most certainly is possible to ask for a cheese plate or cookies instead. I have received these last year. YMMV though -- you can only ask. Ditto the fruit default seems to be 3 green apples but this could also vary.

Re Concierge cabins pricing, yes I have also seen Concierge priced the same as balcony on a couple of cruises both solstice and M class and even $100 -50 less than 2As. May be impacted by certain promotions or a port intensive itinerary perhaps.