Silver Wind San Juan to Ft Lauderdale 17 March 2017 ..... live ......

les37b

Well I have started editing some of the GoPro Footage and created my first video from St Barths which feature the J Class yachts in the Bucket Regatta and have uploaded onto YouTube.

Some nice footage, but wished Id taken more from different locations.

Whilst its uploading, I noticed a video someone has posted from the day I was there, with most of the footage taken from a drone or on board one of the boats.... Its definitely worth a viewing and gives a real view of what we witnessed on the day. (Its a very very good you tube video)

I would loved to have launched my drone too (And from the wind would have been an ideal launch spot as we really were in the mix of the race - even if the ship cant be seen on this guys video. I have to say - I didn't use it mostly because of the airport proximity - but from the ship itself - we'd have been far enough away! Maybe next time!!)

And this is my timelapse effort.

Best viewed in 4K

Enjoy

PS - this is the Maltese Falcon I had mentioned earlier

Edited by les37b

Great videos thank you 😊

Ohhhhhhh so very coooollll

I love the sailing!

Didn't see a single spinnaker, but beautiful sailboats heeling over! Wonder if the water was at the gunwales...

Did you notice the Silver Wind in the Drone footage a few times? It was a pretty long tender into town - they don't like seeing cruise ships! Ironically we moored in the path of the yachts as they passed. You can see in my video a couple of times they really didn't know which side of the Silver Wind to take!

It really was an incredible piece of luck to be there when that was going on. (Already looked into next years event!) lol