Miami - Best place to stay?

Wakeboarder6v0

Do you want a place to stay the night before and be able to walk to dinner and very close to the port, some bars to grab a drink: Downtown Miami/Brickell area.

Want the touristy center of the city, nightlife, retail stores open late, beach near by: Miami Beach. Collins Ave between 25th street and 15th street is the best bet.

I' m also interested in Miami Hotels.

We like Hilton properties so stay at Hampton Inn, Hilton Garden, Embassy Suites.

We were thinking about north and west of Miami; maybe an hour away from the port.

We will be driving and parking at the port.

Any recommendations?

We like Hilton properties so stay at Hampton Inn, Hilton Garden, Embassy Suites.

We were thinking about north and west of Miami; maybe an hour away from the port.

Any recommendations?

An hour north of Miami - check out Fort Lauderdale area hotels (Fort Lauderdale, Dania Beach, Plantation). Be aware that many hotels in Fort Lauderdale itself charge for parking but that is not so in Plantation (a western suburb of Fort Lauderdale) and I'm not sure about Dania Beach (south of Fort Lauderdale near the airport).

An hour west of Miami and you are in the Everglades :D.

Any recommendations?

Lauderdale by the Sea - 35 miles from Port Miami (50 minutes on a weekend). Mid-century architecture, mom and pop motels/hotels and no chain restaurants. Walk everywhere.

An hour north of Miami - check out Fort Lauderdale area hotels (Fort Lauderdale, Dania Beach, Plantation). Be aware that many hotels in Fort Lauderdale itself charge for parking but that is not so in Plantation (a western suburb of Fort Lauderdale) and I'm not sure about Dania Beach (south of Fort Lauderdale near the airport).

An hour west of Miami and you are in the Everglades :D.

Lauderdale by the Sea - 35 miles from Port Miami (50 minutes on a weekend). Mid-century architecture, mom and pop motels/hotels and no chain restaurants. Walk everywhere.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Another question, is there a way to drive to Miami without paying a toll. We do not have the Florida toll passes. Our EZ pass is not accepted by Florida.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Another question, is there a way to drive to Miami without paying a toll. We do not have the Florida toll passes. Our EZ pass is not accepted by Florida.

There are no tolls on I-95 as long as you don't take the express lanes. If your hotel ends up being by the turnpike, just take the street level route to I-95. I-95 to Port Miami has no tolls the rest of the way, as long as you go the right away and do get off any wrong exits towards state highways.

We just stayed two nights pre cruise at the Biltmore Hotel in Coral Gables prior to our NCL cruise. Booked through lmtclub and saved money.

We loved the Biltmore so much, we are going back for a girls weekend (Wednesday night-Sunday) in June with my mom, dd-23 and myself. Booked again through lmtclub with buy 3 nights, get one free (saved $178).

For my July Escape cruise, my dh and I booked through lmtclub Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay for $123 (including taxes and fees) which I think is a fantastic rate, however I don't see it listed any longer for that date in July.

Looking now for February 2018. Although you have to pay outright for lmtclub, the booking are fully refundable up to about 2-3 days prior to checking in and I can never find any other site that comes close to their prices.

Good luck with your search!