Help!! Cancellation info please.

My family booked a cruise last November, there are 6 of us in three rooms. Independence of the Seas leaving in two weeks! April 3rd.

Here's the rub. One of my aunts can't go, her husband is in the hospital with life threatning illness. No travel insurance. We aren't worried about getting her money back we are just worried about my aunt that was in the room with her getting screwed.

Will she get charged more if she cancels? If she no shows, cancels day of will she get charged more gratuities Ect? Do you think there is any way RCL will move us into a 3 person room with two of us, leaving that room empty so they can rebook it???

Any info about this type of situation would be so appreciated. Travel Agency doesn't open until Monday.

If you let the person be a "No show", the cabin is paid for, and she will not have to pay a penny more....she will get back taxes and port fees for the missing person.They really don't care if ANY of you show up...once you're past the non-refund date!

Just trying to understand. You have 3 cabins, 2 people in each. Two aunts in one cabin and now one can't go? Uncle wasn't going? Can the aunt who is going find someone else to go with her? It isn't too late to change the name on the booking. If the other aunt no shows, the aunt going will not be charged more gratuities, she shouldn't be charged anything additional.

Thank you so much for the info! Girls' cruise so no uncles, we were working on finding a person to join us but wanted to figure out worse case scenario. :). I promise I took a deep breath, I am the planner and we had some freaking out parties. 🤗