Price drop?

albucchi

Our June sailing on Epic in Haven just dropped by 500.00 per person. We have already paid in full. What happens in this scenario? Are we out of luck or does NCL make some sort of concession if I make a call?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I presume you aren't past the final payment date. Cancel and re-book but be careful that the "perks" you have don't change. Also make sure you get the room you want.

If you are past then you may well be out of luck unless you have a really good PCC

I presume you aren't past the final payment date. Cancel and re-book but be careful that the "perks" you have don't change. Also make sure you get the room you want.

If you are past then you may well be out of luck unless you have a really good PCC

It looks like they are past final payment. You can call and see if you can pay for an upgrade.

After final payment they may provide you with an upgrade or 25% of the difference in onboard credit. This just happened to me on my NCL Star cruise in June... My rate went down $300 per person and I was able to choose between $75 per person onboard credit or an upgrade to the Deluxe Owners Suite. I previously had a penthouse with large balcony. The first offer was to the forward facing penthouse, but even though it was a higher category than mine, it was priced lower, so then they offered the Deluxe Owners Suite, which I took! Just call your agent (or NCL if you booked directly) and ask what they can offer.

• 3 months later...

Any new data on this happening. We are past final payment for our cruise. The price has dropped $400/pp so far. The sailing is in September. Wondering if anyone has had recent success with getting additional OBC for their cruise?

Any new data on this happening. We are past final payment for our cruise. The price has dropped $400/pp so far. The sailing is in September. Wondering if anyone has had recent success with getting additional OBC for their cruise?

All you can do is call and ask. It seems to be hit and miss on whether they will give you anything. Heck, the worst thing they can say is "no". Give it a shot.

Call and find out. The worst they can do is say no. Then please respond on here and let us know.

Also, make sure you are comparing apples to apples. I was getting notifications about price drops like crazy, but they were for the sail-away rates, which have no perks and you cannot select your room. When I checked on NCL, while the sail away or even "guarantee" prices had dropped by a few hundred dollars, the prices where you select your room and get perks were unchanged. I didn't want to switch to sail-away or take my chances with a "guarantee" room (as I'm traveling with minor children and we needed to have rooms close together.)

Haven't called yet. (Have to go through the big box travel agency and that will take some time.)

But to answer question regarding fares and price drops. I have only watched for price changes for the category I booked. Still 11 cabins for sale which is why I suspect they are dropping prices. I do not want an upgrade (the category above is also lower than what I paid). We have the cabin we want. Just hoping perhaps for some extra $$ to spend on board ;)

Haven't called yet. (Have to go through the big box travel agency and that will take some time.)

Can you explain why I should use a TA rather than go direct? I understand there may be a bottle of wine or some extra OBC but anything else?

I think I am better going through the NCL CAS desk and getting the discount.