Sea Princess and kettle?

Hi all. Am sailing on the Sea Princess in a few weeks. Does anyone know if there are kettles in staterooms, or if I can bring my own (with cut off switch). I have searched around old posts, but the most recent I found was 2015.

Any help appreciated. (Just love the early morning cuppa in bed).

Thanks. Jen.

One part of the Princess documentation states kettles without safety shut-offs aren't permitted, which implies those with safety shut-offs are. I think it's in the safety info doc in the personalizer, and that part of the Princess website is down at the moment due to maintenance (and here's hoping they fix the drinks package bug).

One part of the Princess documentation states kettles without safety shut-offs aren't permitted, which implies those with safety shut-offs are. I think it's in the safety info doc in the personalizer, and that part of the Princess website is down at the moment due to maintenance (and here's hoping they fix the drinks package bug).

Fix the drinks package thing lol, ;p;)

I could see two whole crate things of kettles waiting for collection when we disembarked the other day ...so perhaps not, or perhaps just comes down to who screens your luggage? (As I can't imagine they'd all have been without a safety shut-off...)

I could see two whole crate things of kettles waiting for collection when we disembarked the other day ...so perhaps not, or perhaps just comes down to who screens your luggage? (As I can't imagine they'd all have been without a safety shut-off...)

On cruises in Japanese waters every cabin has a kettle.

Nothing like being consistent :rolleyes: Guess it comes down to what the majority of passengers demand? (Though would have thought Aussies/NZ-ers were also fond of their tea/coffee...)

I think they might be for cabins, it seems that a lot of the major cruse companies are following Royal Caribbeans lead and are providing tea/coffee making facilities in all cabins. They started doing it in the UK apparently due to customer demand. (see, they do listen!!!) I for one get up and turn the kettle on first thing, preceeded only by the call of nature. ;)

That's because the Japanese and Chinese market demanded it. You will probably notice in China many people wandering round with a bottle of cold tea in preference to water.

I think they might be for cabins, it seems that a lot of the major cruse companies are following Royal Caribbeans lead and are providing tea/coffee making facilities in all cabins. They started doing it in the UK apparently due to customer demand. (see, they do listen!!!) I for one get up and turn the kettle on first thing, preceeded only by the call of nature. ;)

This lot weren't... they were in boxes with other confiscated items for collection at disembarkation (along with irons, cords, and other "banned items" ... a family member (not me!) had had something confiscated and could also see the list of items to be returned... Wish they would put kettles in though - I'm like you and almost the first step in the morning (and last thing at night) is putting the kettle on. Know I can get hot water on room service if I really wanted to - but I always feel guilty adding to what I'm sure is already a huge workload .