Boardwalk 10307 (higher, mid aft) or Boardwalk 8327 /9327 (lower, front aft)

Ok...I know I've created a few posts on stateroom location recently but if we are going to select the best stateroom this is the time as the cruise was just released. We've only ever stayed in inside or promenade rooms in the past so don't know about boardwalk rooms. When we had our Allure booking, I was watching prices to see if we could switch (but Boardwalk rooms were much more than Promenade rooms so we stayed with Promenade).

Boardwalk rooms go from deck 8-14 (with boardwalk being on deck 6).

We currently have Boardwalk Balcony 10307 booked on Symphony of the Seas. So it is up a couple levels from ground and mid way towards the Aqua Theatre/aft side.

I also noticed that 8327 and 9327 are available. These are very close to the Aqua theatre and lower decks.

We actually liked being on deck 7 on Allure due (in Promenade room) to proximity of central park, boardwalk, promenade, and MDR. However, deck 10 will probably give better views when on the Boardwalk.

My main concerns/criteria:

• like being near the locations mentioned to avoid waiting for elevators (except higher is closer to pool, etc)
  • fun stateroom to people watch
  • noise in the evening is a concern (we're coming with kids so we're in bed by 10ish)
  • less ship movement the better

Which would you select? Any of the rooms will meet the 'fun' stateroom criteria. I'm guessing based on the last 2 criteria that we are better with what we have, but would like to hear opinions.

P.S. - Yes, I know that the Symphony has the Abyss blocking the water but that's not a huge concern for us.

8327 has less abyss obstruction than 9327. We will be boarding Harmony in 10329 and 11329 next Saturday. Negatives : now blocked by abyss, long walk to room, noise complaints, exhaust smell at times (I noticed this in January). IMO- We will be missing our traditional balcony. We will not be booking these rooms on Symphony.

Most agree that it is worth the expense to upgrade from a B1 to a D8 room.

Ok...I know I've created a few posts on stateroom location recently but if we are going to select the best stateroom this is the time as the cruise was just released. We've only ever stayed in inside or promenade rooms in the past so don't know about boardwalk rooms. When we had our Allure booking, I was watching prices to see if we could switch (but Boardwalk rooms were much more than Promenade rooms so we stayed with Promenade).

Boardwalk rooms go from deck 8-14 (with boardwalk being on deck 6).

We currently have Boardwalk Balcony 10307 booked on Symphony of the Seas. So it is up a couple levels from ground and mid way towards the Aqua Theatre/aft side.

I also noticed that 8327 and 9327 are available. These are very close to the Aqua theatre and lower decks.

We actually liked being on deck 7 on Allure due (in Promenade room) to proximity of central park, boardwalk, promenade, and MDR. However, deck 10 will probably give better views when on the Boardwalk.

• like being near the locations mentioned to avoid waiting for elevators (except higher is closer to pool, etc)
  • fun stateroom to people watch
  • noise in the evening is a concern (we're coming with kids so we're in bed by 10ish)
  • less ship movement the better

Which would you select? Any of the rooms will meet the 'fun' stateroom criteria. I'm guessing based on the last 2 criteria that we are better with what we have, but would like to hear opinions.

P.S. - Yes, I know that the Symphony has the Abyss blocking the water but that's not a huge concern for us.

I always try to get closer to the aft and stay away from deck 14 (noise above)

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

Ok...I know I've created a few posts on stateroom location

You're thinking waaaaaay too much about nothing imho

• like being near the locations mentioned to avoid waiting for elevators (except higher is closer to pool, etc) doesn't make a difference for your two cabin locations
  • fun stateroom to people watch no difference
  • noise in the evening is a concern (we're coming with kids so we're in bed by 10ish) The lower and farther aft, the noisier
  • less ship movement the better no difference, How would changing this small amount of distance only one deck and only a few feet farther back make any difference on movement?

And you said the is not important, so because of your kids in point number 3 above, stay in your current cabin

My thoughts in red above. Chill out.... have a great cruise :)

We just got off of Harmony yesterday and stayed in boardwalk balcony 10319. It was so loud!! I expected a little noise from the boardwalk but didn't expect to still hear noise even with ear plugs. I had them come fix my door 2 times because it sounded like the door was open. There was definitely a problem with the seal on the slider door. After the last fix it was much more quiet but still quite loud during the aqua shows, the dance party and when they had movies. From midnight until about 8am it was quiet. I was happy we didn't have my kids this trip because I am not sure they would have gotten much sleep. The room was beautiful and spacious- loved the layout. We could see quite a bit of the aqua theater but the slide blocked off the movie screen. We could see the ocean really well. But due to noise I won't ever book a boardwalk balcony again. Fun location but for us too noisy.

Thanks for the responses. Hoospter, I remember seeing some of your pictures of the boardwalk cabins in another thread. Appreciate it. I'm chill :-) ...just asking while we have the chance to change if we want to. Either way, i'm super excited to be able to try these cabins next time around. The price is about par with a promenade room (which by the way we quite enjoyed too) once you factor in the boardwalk perks.

So I guess of all the priorities, the noise is the highest concern and based on the comments from Hoopster and sjalex20, we'll stick with our current booking. So even 10319 was noisy? Our current one is a bit further down so guess we'll have to see (hopefully we'll still have some kind of view of the water). Our kids are good sleepers and nothing wakes DH so it's probably only myself that will have issues with noise. I think we'll still like it and want to try it at least once. Thanks.

Appreciate it. I'm chill :-) ...just asking while we have the chance to change if we want to.

Excellent attitude! :D:D Just think of all the incredible shows and cool things you'll be doing with the kids rather than fretting over a minor room change. I feel this is something that many cruisers concern themselves too much over.... then a year later they don't even remember what cabins they even had after calling their TA's 10 times to move a couple of doors over :rolleyes: