How much does Royal read into the survey comments?

We have been off the ship for 3 days now. When should I expect to receive the survey? The line we usually sail with has us fill out the surveys on board.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We got ours in the email the day after.

Sent from Tapatalk

Has anyone had staff ask you for a good review? I had a waiter repeatedly remind me to give him a ten. I didn't mind at first but after the third or fourth time I started to get a little annoyed.

Allure of the Seas February 2017

Freedom of the Seas February 2018

Harmony of the Seas February 2019

Oh yes, and they got a 1 for continually asking, it's so unprofessional and screems desperation. It really, really annoys me. I've had it since and told him to shut up half way though and said if he feels that he has to prompt me to leave a good review then I will most definitely not! I requested not to be sat with that waiter again! I'm on holiday to enjoy myself not be harassed for good reviews!

What sort of solicitation are we talking about?

1. Sitting in Cafe Promenade "sidewalk" and a crew member comes up. Talks for a good five minutes about our cruise, but then launches into a sales pitch for Sabor, complete with menu.

2. Eating in Windjammer and a person from Chops comes up with a menu.

3. Having to say "no thank you" to crew members standing on the promenade trying to sell some stuff. I felt kind of like I was in one of the port areas!

4. Multiple "VIP" invitations to shopping seminars, gambling tutorials, and the like left on our door.

5. The ITV system flashing every day "you have a new message". Something always related to spending money.

6. A higher than previously observed about of revenue creating "activities" listed in the cruise compass.

Even the cruise director seemed to really push shopping and specialty dining more than on previous cruises. For example on the morning show, one morning all he talked about was shopping in Cozumel.

Edit: Oh, and there was always a table set up in WJ advertising all of the specialty restaurants, and frequently a person there. Also, usually another table outside the WJ advertising spa treatments. We've seen some of this type of thing before but not to this extent. I just felt like a captive audience being told to buy buy buy.

Sent from Tapatalk

I always complete the survey. During the sailing I begin writing my comments in a word program in my ipad. Then when I receive the email to complete the survey, I go over the document I've written regarding the sailing, complete with names of staff members that were outstanding and why. I then include the end of the document some areas they may want to look at, such as solicitations, etc and anything they need to improve on. I complete the online survey and then paste (I've copied the document so all I have to do is paste) my comments. And it's done very quickly.

On our last sailing we were doing a B2B which we always do. When I asked at Guest Services regarding a code for the wifi to complete and submit the survey (I've been doing this all on the ships ever since the surveys were sent online without a problem.), I was informed they didn't do that. I explained I've always been given a code on all the ships including that one when we've been on a B2B. The staff member was very rude and told me it wasn't important or did it matter to complete the survey. If that was true, then why does RCCL spend the time and $ to send and disseminate the surveys. I don't really think she was correct and I'd be surprised if corporate felt the same way. Bottom line, we weren't given a code. I didn't think I should have to pay for a wifi pkg to complete their survey. I was fortunate on the following day, there was a port day & I was able to get free wifi. If the surveys are important then they should give B2B'ers a code for 30 min of wifi so they can complete the survey.

In the past waiters would mention the surveys but on our last two sailings nothing was ever mentioned! But I do know survey's are important to the staff members especially if those giving great service are mentioned by name.

Even the cruise director seemed to really push shopping and specialty dining more than on previous cruises. For example on the morning show, one morning all he talked about was shopping in Cozumel.

Edit: Oh, and there was always a table set up in WJ advertising all of the specialty restaurants, and frequently a person there. Also, usually another table outside the WJ advertising spa treatments. We've seen some of this type of thing before but not to this extent. I just felt like a captive audience being told to buy buy buy.

Sent from Tapatalk

One thing I mentioned on another thread was that on our recent cruise on Freedom even the Captain got in on these sales pitches. I have NEVER encountered that before. He would make sales pitches during his noon time announcements and even at the Captains Corner talk. This, to me just seemed really cheap and something that should be beneath the Captain of a ship. And since I really like noon time announcements with updated cruise and weather info, I found it very annoying to have to listen to these sales pitches just so I could hear the rest of what he had to say. At least with the usual sales announcements I can just stick my ear buds back in and ignore it while I go back to listening to my music.

One thing I mentioned on another thread was that on our recent cruise on Freedom even the Captain got in on these sales pitches. I have NEVER encountered that before. He would make sales pitches during his noon time announcements and even at the Captains Corner talk. This, to me just seemed really cheap and something that should be beneath the Captain of a ship. And since I really like noon time announcements with updated cruise and weather info, I found it very annoying to have to listen to these sales pitches just so I could hear the rest of what he had to say. At least with the usual sales announcements I can just stick my ear buds back in and ignore it while I go back to listening to my music.

I think the captain getting involved is over the top.

A certain amount of selling on the first day is helpful and even after if it is not obtrusive but interrupting people when they are eating is a bit rude.

love sailing with RCCL

When we first sailed with Royal back in 1981 we were told how very important the comment cards were. Eventually, when cruises started sailing from San Juan we were told the cards were literally bundled up after every cruise and flown to Miami. In terms of having staff members soliciting for a "good" number I make note of their name and I write THAT NAME on the comment card. In terms of on board solicitation, if it goes on and I don't appreciate it I add that to the card. If somebody in particular has done it in what I think is an inappropriate venue I write their name on the card. If RCCL chooses to ignore such, that's their call but I am not enabling any of the behavior I find offputting.

Wow, that's pretty shocking. We didn't experience that on Navigator--but that's because we had a "ghost captain". We had two announcements the whole cruise: one for muster, one on the last day with his safety tip "of the day". More like the tip of of the cruise!

Sent from Tapatalk