RCI Onboard Credit & Drinks Package

We have a healthy onboard credit for our next Royal Caribbean cruise.

Is there a way to pre-purchase the drinks package in which I can apply this credit? Or do we have to wait to purchase when we get on board (which I believe is more expensive?).

Is there a way to pre-purchase the drinks package in which I can apply this credit? Or do we have to wait to purchase when we get on board (which I believe is more expensive?).

Yes, with RCL you have to pay for everything booked when you book it. OBC can only be used for purchases made when onboard.

The prices are technically the same; however, RCL have been running sales for most of the past few months for advance purchase of their drinks package. But when the sale is over, which has happened, and can happen again, pricing will be the same. Thus if you want the best pricing, best to book while the sale is on.

Yes, with RCL you have to pay for everything booked when you book it. OBC can only be used for purchases made when onboard.

The prices are technically the same; however, RCL have been running sales for most of the past few months for advance purchase of their drinks package. But when the sale is over, which has happened, and can happen again, pricing will be the same. Thus if you want the best pricing, best to book while the sale is on.

How do RCL advise future passengers of when a drinks package is on sale for pre purchase? I am on Voyager departing April and have checked the website daily for months and the alcohol package has never changed from $69AUD per day. How does everyone else get the specials?

I am sailing on explorer on April 9. Just went looking at shore excursions and received a pop up saying I can use OBC for pre-purchasing things like drink packages. I can't seem to get the pop up back but now there is a little info box that converts the US $ to AU $.

deb21546323c29b12d86a4ea8c372b4f.jpg

I have seen mention of this on the RC forum page. They said something about certain types of OBC were not available for this purpose. My OBC was from our next cruise booking last year so no TA involved.

I'd give RC a call as this might be something they're rolling out.

How do RCL advise future passengers of when a drinks package is on sale for pre purchase? I am on Voyager departing April and have checked the website daily for months and the alcohol package has never changed from $69AUD per day. How does everyone else get the specials?

We are on the voyager in April as well

They were on special about a month ago for around 59aud a day. It was a 4 day sale and I received an email about it.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Forums mobile app

IMO $69 AUD is a sale price as it is $65 USD once on board.

Regular price is close to $100 Australian. This special has been running for a while (with some breaks).

G'day all,

On Voyager at the end of the year and have been checking over the last couple of weeks for the OBC, Low and behold last night it was shown promenantly at the top with a pop-up window at after login to planner.

The current rate is 70c USD / $1AUD (1.30AUD / $1USD).

cya

bl262000

We are on the voyager in April as well

They were on special about a month ago for around 59aud a day. It was a 4 day sale and I received an email about it.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Forums mobile app

Quite a few people have told me they got offered $59AUD per day for the alcohol package for a short period only. I never received any email offer from RCL and my travel agent knew nothing about it. I still believe the standard price is held at $69AUD (website pre purchase) or $65USD (purchase on board). My on board credit has suddenly become available on the Cruise Planner and I believe I can use this on board credit to pre purchase drink packages, excursions or anything else from now till just before departure.

Quite a few people have told me they got offered $59AUD per day for the alcohol package for a short period only. I never received any email offer from RCL and my travel agent knew nothing about it. I still believe the standard price is held at $69AUD (website pre purchase) or $65USD (purchase on board). My on board credit has suddenly become available on the Cruise Planner and I believe I can use this on board credit to pre purchase drink packages, excursions or anything else from now till just before departure.

I suppose you can just keep checking to see if the price drops again otherwise just purchase one week prior to boarding at the $69 AUD.