Sky Owner's Suite - Does Deck 8 vs 9 Hot Tub Really Matter?

staceehowse

We are going on the Cuba cruise in June on the Sky - we are booked in 9201 traveling with 4 people......

I keep reading how deck 8 is so much better in the owner's suites because of the hot tub - is that the only difference - and does that really matter, when who knows how much you'd actually use it especially since 1 night is overnight in Havana.

TIA

I have never been on that ship, but in my opinion, yes the hot tub would be worth it! Picture yourself in your PRIVATE hot tub as you are cruising through the open water. If you like hot tubs in any way, go for the one that includes it!

Not a fan of hot tubs....you don't KNOW what's left in those "jets"....I would have to run it without anyone in it at least 3 times, with bleach before I'd get in there......ICK!

And yet here I am still happy and healthy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We had the hot tub owners suite and it was fantastic. Took my Dad before his cancer surgery and he said don't pack me any swim trunks... surprised him with the suite and first thing he said was, wish I had my trunks... I of course packed them and he loved relaxing in the hot tub. It was nice to just be out there without a crowd on deck and enjoy it. I say it is worth it. We all loved it and were only on a three night cruise.

we took my kids on the Sky last summer, and the one on 8 was fantastic. They spent practically the whole cruise in it! (and it can be a "cool tub" too, btw, you can control the fill temp).

The ones on 9 are oval 2 person tubs, while the ones on 8 are the 6 person round ones.

I was on 9 and spent all day in the hot tub when I was on the Sky. Loved every minute of it. Now every balcony pales since they don't have a hot tub! ;p I used it practically from right after the boat drill until sunset each day. I would think, even with an overnight, you would still use it (and, what better way to end the day - even in port - talking about everything while relaxing in the hot tub). :D

• 1 month later...

Have a few question about the Owner's Suites on Norwegian Sky. Looking for photo's and as well question about Butler Service. I going with a friend and her husband and he don't like to dress up. Will the Butler let us order dinner at night from the dining room menu and delivery to the room? Would appreciate anyone that has been in the Owner's Suite to let me know how you liked it. Thanks so much in advance

Have a few question about the Owner's Suites on Norwegian Sky. Looking for photo's and as well question about Butler Service. I going with a friend and her husband and he don't like to dress up. Will the Butler let us order dinner at night from the dining room menu and delivery to the room? Would appreciate anyone that has been in the Owner's Suite to let me know how you liked it. Thanks so much in advance

You can absolutely order MDR food delivered, and for a dining credit you can get specialty restaurant food too. Our first night, we sat in our pjs watching movies, eating giant steaks from Cagneys.

But you also don't have to dress up to go to even the specialty restaurants on Sky. For the short cruises it's casual dress everywhere. To dinner, my DH usually wore shorts and one of the casual collared shirts he got at Bass Pro...he was far from dressed up. :-)

You can absolutely order MDR food delivered, and for a dining credit you can get specialty restaurant food too. Our first night, we sat in our pjs watching movies, eating giant steaks from Cagneys.

But you also don't have to dress up to go to even the specialty restaurants on Sky. For the short cruises it's casual dress everywhere. To dinner, my DH usually wore shorts and one of the casual collared shirts he got at Bass Pro...he was far from dressed up. :-)

Thanks so much