April24th JAZZ CRUISE

george35

DH and I are booked on the April 24th Equinox cruise. At first I was excited about getting tickets and going to the jazz festival however after finding out the price of tickets is about $80 per person, the venue is tents in an open field and the weather has traditionally been rainy, we plan to just tour the city and enjoy the restaurants and jazz clubs. Does anyone know if the ship will dock at Julia Street?

We booked tickets directly but they were still $75/pp so the Celebrity markup is relatively small. We decided to go for just one day and were just a little disappointed when the weekend by weekend schedule was released as some of the acts we were most excited about are playing the second weekend. Not a huge deal as the lineup was only released at all at the end of January.

On this cruise as well. According to the New Orleans port schedule here: http://corelserver1.portno.com:8082/cruisemain.htm, the Equinox will be docking at Port Julia. You may have to resubmit the info for April 2017 at the top to see our ship's schedule.

Thank you. That makes me feel better. I was hoping it would port at Julia Street.

For us the atractivity of this cruise is the Jazz festival, which is famous world wide. Many good groups coming and also this year are also Cuban groups performing. So we are on this cruise and we have bought the tickets from Celebrity because there was only a small difference with the tickets being sold online and we did not know if the online sellers were reliable.

We are going one day to the festival. On the 29th because the froups performing on that day appeal to us.

On the other days we will be visiting NOLA