Crown Princess 5 day FLL round trip

satxdiver

We are on the Crown right now. While we were in port at Amber Cove, they replaced the carpet around the pool area on the lido deck. Earlier they replaced the lounge chairs with metal ones.

We had to leave the DR early because of an impending storm which caused many excursions to be cancelled. The captain moved the departure time from 5:00 PM to 2:00 PM. This is a 5 day cruise with many children aboard. The CD said that there are 600 aboard 20-40 y/o. there are most likely a lot of spring break families aboard but not many college students.

I'm scheduled to leave on the Crown on Saturday and our departure time has been moved back to 7:00. Have your heard why that is by chance? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I am going to be on Saturdays departure as well. Since the embarkation times have not changed it seems strange that departure is 3 hours later. I really don't care but seems strange.

we are on the crown right now. While we were in port at amber cove, they replaced the carpet around the pool area on the lido deck. Earlier they replaced the lounge chairs with metal ones.

We had to leave the dr early because of an impending storm which caused many excursions to be cancelled. The captain moved the departure time from 5:00 pm to 2:00 pm. This is a 5 day cruise with many children aboard. The cd said that there are 600 aboard 20-40 y/o. There are most likely a lot of spring break families aboard but not many college students.

Hi There!:):):)

It sounds like a much different cruise. Sorry your time was cut short.

Nice to know that carpeting around the pool was replaced...however, not sure if I like that metal chairs replaced the loungers...

I estimate that we will have about the same amount of kids onboard when we get on, on Saturday...public schools spring break time, thank goodness for the kids/teen clubs!

Nice to know that carpeting around the pool was replaced...however, not sure if I like that metal chairs replaced the loungers...

I estimate that we will have about the same amount of kids onboard when we get on, on Saturday...public schools spring break time, thank goodness for the kids/teen clubs!

Thank God for the adults only Terrace Pool. I am not paternal and kids make me nervous and annoyed.

Sorry to hear about the kids. We only had 250 last cruise & that was too many.

Tell us about Amber Cove. It's probably the only Princess stop I've never been to.

Is the beach close by? It's close I assume?

Are there free seats available?

Are there shade trees?

Sorry to hear about the kids. We only had 250 last cruise & that was too many.

Tell us about Amber Cove. It's probably the only Princess stop I've never been to.

Is the beach close by? It's close I assume?

Are there free seats available?

Are there shade trees?

There isn't a beach close by to Amber Cove. You would need to go to Puerto Plata. However, the pool area at Amber Cove is fantastic. Free seats and some areas with shade. Plus, a swim up bar. :D

Thanks for the update, if you find anything else that they are replacing please let us know. Also general look of the ship, is it being well maintained.

Thanks.

I sail in 50 days time, so am also interested in updates.

I'm hoping we don't have too many kids on our sailing, as Spring Bank holiday in U.K. starts as we finish our cruise.

Edited by upwarduk

There isn't a beach close by to Amber Cove. You would need to go to Puerto Plata. However, the pool area at Amber Cove is fantastic. Free seats and some areas with shade. Plus, a swim up bar. :D

Thanks. That's what I heard a few times & then someone posted that there was one near the ship. People get confused sometimes.

We got off the Crown in Fort Lauderdale Monday 3/20/2017 and we found that the ship looked old in many areas. Carpeting all around the public areas had many places were it was worn and frayed. My wife is good at finding all the trip hazards like that and fortunately for us, she managed to miss them all. But we did notice them. Good to see they're making repairs.

BTW: state rooms need carpets too (just in case they're watching these threads).

• 2 weeks later...