Am I imagining this? Wasn't dinner in specialty restaurant included with suite

madmommy

When I booked our cruise many months ago I could swear one credit for dinner in a specialty restaurant was included for each person in our suite. I even remember discussing this with our Princess TA. Now that sailing is just over a week away and I went online to make that reservation there is not evidence of it. I called the TA and she doesn't seem to know what I'm talking about.

So, does anyone else recall this offer or am I mistaken?

Yes, you will have comp specialty dinner on embarkation night but it can't be pre-reserved. There will be a card in your suite on day 1 with instructions to call for your reservation.
Recent posts have indicated that specialty dining reservations can now be made in advance but not for the first night. Full Suite passengers probably need the reserve once on board. We had four in a suite on our last cruise and all received the complementary dinner. We were on the Pacific and since the Steakhouse and Sabatini's alternate, we were able to switch to a night that Sabatini's was open. That was a much better choice for our vegetarian daughter.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The personalizer has a note in the specialty restaurant section that tells you any bookings to be made with OBC or promotional credits have to be made on board. Only bookings accepted are those prepaid and sailaway evening is not available in the drop down list of dates.

We did get the free complimentary dinner on our first night. There was a card in our suite, we called and had no problem getting the time and restaurant we wanted. I don't think you need to worry at all, it's built into the suite perks so there will be space.

Yes as others here have already stated, if in a full suite, there will be a card in your suite indicating you have complimentary specialty dining and to call to make reservations. We typically will make reservations just after we board either by going directly to the specialty dining restaurant we want to dine in (if it is open/staff there) or call from our cabin. If you don't, the dining staff will call your cabin and ask when/where you wish to dine that night.

We had four in a suite on our last cruise and all received the complementary dinner.

Is this true? If so, that's great. We'll have four in our suite and thought only the first two passengers were eligible for complimentary specialty dinner - figured the other two would need to use OBC.

There was a change recently regarding complimentary speciality dining for suite guests on cruises less than 7 (?) days. Apparently it was removed for the shorter cruises. However, I recently returned from a four day cruise on Golden Princess and on arrival there was a letter in our suite inviting us take advantage of the complimentary speciality dining offer - was so happy to see that as I had booked long before they removed that perk for short cruises:)

Ginny

Recent posts have indicated that specialty dining reservations can now be made in advance but not for the first night. Full Suite passengers probably need the reserve once on board. We had four in a suite on our last cruise and all received the complementary dinner. We were on the Pacific and since the Steakhouse and Sabatini's alternate, we were able to switch to a night that Sabatini's was open. That was a much better choice for our vegetarian daughter.

Were passengers 3 and 4 also comped the specialty dining too? Reason I'm asking, is there are 3 of us in our suite and I was under the impression that only the first 2 were comped. Fingers crossed it's all 3 of us!

You may be confusing a suite perks with a promotion. All 3 in a suite paid for the suite benefits which includes the complementary embarkation night specialty dinner. Promotions that include free specialty dinners generally are for only the first 2 pax in a cabin - no matter the cabin type.

The suite amenities are described on the Princess website.

One of the listed amenities is "Complimentary specialty dining dinner on embarkation evening++". The ++ refers to the following note in small print "Available on cruises 6 days or longer". I do not believe this is a recent change - I think this limitation has been there for a while. As stated by a previous poster, some ships will offer it on shorter cruises; but you shouldn't expect it.

You will also receive "Complimentary specialty dining mimosa breakfast (Daily)***" . The *** refers to the following note "Served in-Suite on Sun Princess, Sea Princess and Dawn Princess". This is what used to be called the Sabatini's breakfast. The name has been changed since some ships have replaced Sabatini's with Share - the Suite breakfast is held in the Crown Grill on these ships.

Unlike the amenities from a specific limited-time promotion, the Suite amenities are for everyone staying in the Suite. If you have three or four in the Suite, then all of you get the complimentary first-night specialty dinner, all of you get the specialty mimosa breakfast, and all of you get the Club Class dining.