Does Royal Caribbean have a Martini Tasting?

Sailfish

While on a Celebrity cruise, there was one evening in the Martini Bar where they gave out 6 sample size Martinis for $6 - in smaller-than-normal Martini glasses. Does anyone know if Royal Caribbean also does this? It was so nice to be able to sample six different types of Martinis - and a lot of fun!

Thanks.

Since Celebrity's parent company is Royal Caribbean, I couldn't help but notice how some activities (like wine tasting for example) are the same. I realize they are two distict "brands", but thought I would ask about Martini tasting anyway (one can only hope, right? :) ).

We'll be on the Monarch on Monday - I guess I'll find out soon enough!

Thanks again for your comments.

We just came off the Mariner, and yes, there was a Martini madness night. I think we paid about $15.00, but we had at lot of Martini's I couldn't drink them all.

Have fun and enjoy your cruise. We did.:D

We are cruising on the EXPLORER in January and we are experienced Celebrity cruisers who love Maritinis. Recoginizing that RCl does not have Martini Bars...what Bar on the Explorer would be our best bet for the "Best " Martini????

Does the Explorer have a "Martini" Madness night????

Rich in N VA

Waistin" Away

We are a week earlier than you...sailing Jan 15, 2006 out of Miami. It would have been great to have another group that appreciates a good Martini. WE have a group of 10 and we all appreciate the "Martini".....lets just say that im sure there will be some left over for your week but the bartends' will be "more experienced" when you see them. The Martini Bar is SO SUCCESSFUL on Celebrity much moreso than the Champagne Bar. Hard to believe that RCL has not recognized this.

Rich in N VA

The Mariner of the Seas is a Voyager class, so since we had Martini Madness onboard I would say its very likely that Explorer will also have the same.

They didn't have a Martini Bar, but in Vintages, the wine bar where we had the Martini Madness, they seemed to have a pretty good idea how to mix a good martini.

Have fun anyway. We did

MCCA2

Do they announce Martini Madness day in the daily bulletin. Do I understand that Martini Madness on RCL is ......all the martinis you can drink for 2 hours for $15. Considering a GOOD martini (about 6oz premium) on celebrity at the Martini Bar runs $8.95 plus 15% or over $10 each I gather most people would only be saving about $3-4 if you had 2 martinis.

Rich in N VA

We are wailing on the Mariner in 8 days! What kind of martinis do they serve? (I like Apple Martinis). Also, is a Cosmopolitan considered in the Martini group? LOL

The bartender picks the first martini flavor and then for the rest of them he polls the audience and makes whatever kinds you guys want. We did have apple martinis...yum. I can't remember if we had a cosmo or not but I like them as well...after the 5th martini my memory gets a little fuzzy. :eek: I remember a banana martini, a lemon drop martini, a vanilla martini, a chocolate martini, the apple martini, there was a french martini....I'm not joking when I say my memory gets a little fuzzy after that. But we had a ton of fun. It was actually an hour long or so....with the theme "how many martinis can you drink in an hour".

In our compass it was billed as a 007 martini madness event (or something like that)...it talked about 007 trivia but they never did any trivia.

MCCA2

Do they announce Martini Madness day in the daily bulletin. Do I understand that Martini Madness on RCL is ......all the martinis you can drink for 2 hours for $15. Considering a GOOD martini (about 6oz premium) on celebrity at the Martini Bar runs $8.95 plus 15% or over $10 each I gather most people would only be saving about $3-4 if you had 2 martinis.

Rich in N VA

I checked with DH. he says we paid $20.00 each. It was in the compass on Day 6 Formal night as James Bond Trivia, Martini Madness. No trivia , but we had an apple, cosmo, chocolate, regular, vanilla, and maybe one other. It gets a little fuzzy here. It was held at Vintages Wine Bar.

Oh and we got to keep the glasses

Archived