What ship should we try- past cruisers of oasis

jpolm

I want to try carnival with the family perhaps 2018 hs grad gift . We are fans of Royal never cruised carnival but very interested in trying. We are oasis class fans. With doing oasis and allure. What ships would you recommend. We were looking at Vista or Horizon or maybe dreams? Prefer a newer ship with a Caribbean itinerary don't care where our of.. Havana rooms sound nice but my youngest will only be 10 can we still stay there?

Also what room types for 10, 17, and 15. Typically we like two connections rooms on rccl

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Vista or Horizon may fit the bill, or one of the Dream class (Dream, Magic, Breeze). These are Carnival's newest and most feature-filled. None are at the same level of amenities and "wow" factor of Oasis-class, but they are as close as you are going to get. We were on Magic last month and had a very good experience.

I haven't been on the Vista or Horizon yet but have been on the Allure (Oasis class). We really loved the Breeze. My kids especially loved hanging out at the Sports Square and the Waterworks. If you prefer the biggest/newest ships I would stick to looking at Vista or Horizon but I wouldn't rule out the Breeze. :)

I want to try carnival with the family perhaps 2018 hs grad gift . We are fans of Royal never cruised carnival but very interested in trying. We are oasis class fans. With doing oasis and allure. What ships would you recommend. We were looking at Vista or Horizon or maybe dreams? Prefer a newer ship with a Caribbean itinerary don't care where our of.. Havana rooms sound nice but my youngest will only be 10 can we still stay there?

Also what room types for 10, 17, and 15. Typically we like two connections rooms on rccl

I'd go with the Breeze or Magic. The Vista and the Horizon are newer but with the theater being downsized and the addition of more cabins I think you would be better served with the Breeze or Magic.

Bill

• 2 weeks later...

The Magic! You can read my review here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2480020&highlight=magic

The Breeze!!!! Such an awesome ship, and she's going into drydock soon, so it will be all new and shiny for you!!!!:')

Honestly, there is just so much to do and the layout is just great, as is the décor.

You will NOT be disappointed.

Enjoy!!!!

Since your youngest is 10, you will not be able to stay in the Havana area on the Vista or Horizon because the requirements are 12+. With this being said, go on the Breeze. She is coming out of dry dock at the end of this month and she'll have all of the newer bells and whistles and be nice and spiffy. With the nice soft Caribbean hues instead of the over the top neon nonsense of the Joe Farcus ships.