Live - Anthem of the Seas Spring Fling Cruise..3-26 to 4-3-2017

Very much enjoying your play by play review. It's personable, informative, and entertaining, and it's obvious you're having fun with it all. We will be on Anthem on the May 6th sailing to Bermuda, and though my wife and I have cruised before it will be our first time on Anthem and the first with our 18 month old daughter, so it should be an adventure in many ways. Thankfully we only live 25 minutes from Bayonne.

As you seemed to enjoy Jamie's Italian, which we are looking forward to going to, have you ever tried the cured meat plank while you were there. The presentation looks very inviting.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I have read a lot about the tender off the ship, but how does it work coming back? Presuming most stay as long as they can, and that they can't leave you behind (even if you did not get on your assigned earlier tender back), do they just send several back at once, like a taxi line?

Thanx.

They run every 20 mins or when full. The tenders hold a good bit of people, and I am sure they run several at the same time at the end of the day to get everyone back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I assume this class has the build your own pizza like Oasis?

I believe they will make you a personalized pizza with what toppings you like, but I have not seen it done yet, but have seen people walking with whole pizzas with various toppings.

Very much enjoying your play by play review. It's personable, informative, and entertaining, and it's obvious you're having fun with it all. We will be on Anthem on the May 6th sailing to Bermuda, and though my wife and I have cruised before it will be our first time on Anthem and the first with our 18 month old daughter, so it should be an adventure in many ways. Thankfully we only live 25 minutes from Bayonne.

As you seemed to enjoy Jamie's Italian, which we are looking forward to going to, have you ever tried the cured meat plank while you were there. The presentation looks very inviting.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thank you and glad you are enjoying! We are having fun, and are now mainly relaxing for the last bit today soaking in the atmosphere.

Have a great time in May, we sure will be trying to! Also yes here is the meat plank from Jamie's, very good!

I'd like to ask everybody's opinion on Bermuda in November. Just noticed a 7-night Anthem cruise 11/10/18. The internets say highs range from midnight 60s to mid 70s. Thoughts? Advice? Fares are very good.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'd like to ask everybody's opinion on Bermuda in November. Just noticed a 7-night Anthem cruise 11/10/18. The internets say highs range from midnight 60s to mid 70s. Thoughts? Advice? Fares are very good.

We cruised there in mid-late October several years ago and the weather was nice but the water, even for us nj beach people was very cool to cold. I only lasted several minutes in it at Horseshoe Bay.

Otherwise the weather was nice for sightseeing and being out and about.

We cruised there in mid-late October several years ago and the weather was nice but the water, even for us nj beach people was very cool to cold. I only lasted several minutes in it at Horseshoe Bay.

Otherwise the weather was nice for sightseeing and being out and about.

Much cooler than August I'm sure!!! Thanks for the reply. Still trying to hatch my plan to jump on board Anthem 2018 instead of Summit August 2017. DH wants a spreadsheet. :eek:

Good late morning Cruise Critics. Well here we are our last full day on Anthem.

Took a little stroll to check out the dining rooms.

abfe8ffb6c0d90ffd3ec7c194861ed87.jpg

Breakfast is served ..

f3fca6c6679c7654a856cc370cdb4293.jpg

In addition to a sit-down breakfast

041d7e9bfcf034b81d8421d5027d30d1.jpg

They offer a quick bite buffet

90411ba71f8170d4a76cb4cd2743ab2b.jpg

You can sit by yourself or share a table.

045323d69c878d8e0c8b90a2e1166fba.jpg

f53329af3d7875ddc475e9b6d18d679b.jpg

Are we upset missing We Will Rock You?....

Not really.. :)

Not the best activity for a report but ohhh boy are we enjoying this view and weather after dinner!

Is the view still playing. On our Aug. N/E & Canada cruise Anthem had the worst entertainment that I can remember.

Much cooler than August I'm sure!!! Thanks for the reply. Still trying to hatch my plan to jump on board Anthem 2018 instead of Summit August 2017. DH wants a spreadsheet. :eek:

LOL! That is a tough choice, as we really like the Summit, even as an she is an elder statesman these days among cruise ships!

Have a blast whichever one wins the day!

LOL! That is a tough choice, as we really like the Summit, even as an she is an elder statesman these days among cruise ships!

Have a blast whichever one wins the day!

And we really have to cancel the Summit due to DH's schedule but I can't get anywhere near the low price I paid for an S2 GO BEST by booking next summer. The closest I can get is the November 2018 Anthem cruise.

I showed him pics of the Jr suite. ;)

Ugh such problems

Is the view still playing. On our Aug. N/E & Canada cruise Anthem had the worst entertainment that I can remember.

The view in my video is still playing but just a bit cooler now :) The two shows we were able to see, The Gift and the Journey Tribute band, were very enjoyable.

Entertainment is subjective I suppose as what one likes others may not. I can say there are at least different options on here compared to some other ships, from Piano Player in Schooner to Easy Listening band in Boleros, to different shows in 270 and the main theater production shows.

I remember the days of production show in the theater at 6 and 9 and then maybe a house band playing in a bar.

Glad your back is better seadog! I'm at the airport right now headed to Newark. 5 hour delay due to weather so heads up. If you get a chance, how many knots is anthem sailing at? I'm trying to figure out if boarding will be delayed tomorrow morning :).

Glad your back is better seadog! I'm at the airport right now headed to Newark. 5 hour delay due to weather so heads up. If you get a chance, how many knots is anthem sailing at? I'm trying to figure out if boarding will be delayed tomorrow morning :).

Safe travels Bermuda! We are sailing at approx. 24 knots currently and the Captain indicated we would cruise at full speed for an on-time arrival at 6am tomorrow. I will update if there is any update from the bridge on arrival time.

I'm staying at Hyatt on the Hudson so if you post exact time of arrival I'll snap a pic of you sailing into port liberty :)

Great, I'll post as we get closer, and I should be awake and up long before we reach the Verrazano tomorrow and will post our eta then as well.

If my back was up to snuff I would definitely give the bumper cars a go!

Ping pong and Xbox is getting used extensively!

406d1eeb10601c334faf3b5ca6200eda.jpg

What a cool space for kids and teens to hang

Arcade...

While we have bright sun, the breeze has made it a bit cooler than expected.

Not many brave souls hitting the water..

7fa5f8b6debb08a6b427c83020f02a02.jpg

Nor brave kids..

90a23a14f7939d2eeb48ef640233c71a.jpg

I imagine as someone mentioned yesterday regarding the North Star and windy Sea Days, they might be having a thrill up there today!

121aa16299471a5238deae5cece0c128.jpg

My bad, meant the "Gift."

Sorry I missed this when responding. Yes as of this cruise it is still playing. Seems like it may be on for a while but I have no confirmation on that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've enjoyed following along with your review. I'm sailing on the Anthem September 28th. Have you seen any information on an Escape Room? If you see anything about the hours and how to sign up I would really appreciate it. That is one of the things we are most looking forward to.

No problem with weather in NJ today other than another cool grey dreary day. Maybe your plane is coming from somewhere where there is bad weather. Tomorrow is supposed to be a beautiful sunny day and temperatures may hit 60's!

Enjoy your last day Seadog and I'm sure your "babies" will be very happy to see you both tomorrow.:)