Booking future cruise on board

Fishgirl01

We have just booked two future cruises while on board the Equinox last week. One for summer 2018 and one for March 2019.

There is the standard offer of the Classic drinks package plus one of, free internet, gratuities or $300 on board credit . For booking on board there was an additional perk of further on board credit, the amount is dependent on the length of the cruise and the level of stateroom. We got $200 for a 10 night and $250 for a 14 night both in a Concierge cabin.

Further to that, the minimal deposit of around $50 per person which although non refundable your are able to change to a different cruise if you change your mind.

Also we were able to choose the particular cabin we wanted

You won't get any price advantage as it is prevailing rate. However, the additional perks make it worthwhile!

That's 100% correct, and being a UK customer you wont get the benefit of any future price drops owing to the difference in the T&C's

are you sure a deposit is non refundable. my wife and I were just on princess and the way it worked there was that we put a deposit of 200.00 which was 100 each to get a total of 100 ship credit

Tommy , Yes even though we booked onboard, we are subject to UK T&C's deposits are non refundable.

This has been our experience (twice).

First time was for a C2, and the price included grats and drinks and an additional (?)$200 OBC (10 night if I remember correctly). The price seemed quite high to me so we didn't book it. What they had done was added the price for the go better without telling us, they made it look like the 2 perks were free. I know because as soon as I got home I checked the prices.

Then this past July we booked our Nov 12 night on Silhouette. We booked a Sky Suite and got the Go Best package, which at the time (and still is) was included with the cabin plus $300 OBC (in addition to the OBC with the package).

So my experience is no perks (not for free for me anyway) and some OBC.

are you sure a deposit is non refundable. my wife and I were just on princess and the way it worked there was that we put a deposit of 200.00 which was 100 each to get a total of 100 ship credit

That may be unique to Princess.

I know RCCL is non-refunable, but there is no expiration date.

Also good to know is that when you book on board, the booking will be assigned to the travel agent (TA) who made the booking of the cruise you're on. They will not ask, it will be automatically done. If you DON'T want that to happen, eg to shop around for extra perks with different TA's, you need to fill in a release form.

Tommy , Yes even though we booked onboard, we are subject to UK T&C's deposits are non refundable.

Bluwes,

You really should look into using a US based TA. We are UK based and use them for all our bookings. Last cruise we made booking onboard for later in 2017. Within a week it had been transferred to our TA and we then worked with him to change to a different cruise with better perks.

Regards

cruiserke;52662437']Also good to know is that when you book on board' date=' the booking will be assigned to the travel agent (TA) who made the booking of the cruise you're on. They will not ask, it will be automatically done. If you DON'T want that to happen, eg to shop around for extra perks with different TA's, you need to fill in a release form.[/quote']

Thank-you for sharing that tid-bit. I don't want my current TA to have my next cruise, as I plan on 'shopping' TA's for my next cruise ( as recommended on other forums). Cruise prices have gone up so much (more than my income) so I figure commissions have too. Share the love! Especially if all the perks are added-on to the cost so it really isn't a deal. You really have to understand the pricing mechanism in this business.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

In the U.S., there are only 2 advantages for booking while on a cruise 1)lower refundable deposit (for United States pax it's refundable) $100pp and 2) additional OBC based upon length of cruise and type of cabin. I use the term additional OBC because a current promotion might offer OBC as part of it.

Rates are standard and perks are whatever is the promotion offered at the time (anybody booking on land or sea can get).

As for the TA subject, we just booked while on the Summit. She did ask us if we wanted that booking to go to the TA on record for our current cruise. So I think some will ask, others don't bother. It's something to keep in mind. For me, I didn't want the cruise to automatically go to the TA. I wanted to see what I could find shopping around on my own when I got home. You have 60 days from time of booking to transfer. After that, your booking remains with the cruiseline. Happy Sailing!

I was looking at a Celebrity Infinity booking for Alaska, May 2018. Right now an online booking agency that I am regular customer of, offers a price I am happy with 3 perks included.

I am going to be on-board the Equinox on this April 14. :D. I was wondering if I should wait to book the Alaska until then, transfer to my TA or should I take the price and perk package on offer right now? Any thoughts?

Thanks.

I was looking at a Celebrity Infinity booking for Alaska, May 2018. Right now an online booking agency that I am regular customer of, offers a price I am happy with 3 perks included.

I am going to be on-board the Equinox on this April 14. :D. I was wondering if I should wait to book the Alaska until then, transfer to my TA or should I take the price and perk package on offer right now? Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Depends on whether your TA price quote now will change by the time you get back from your Equinox cruise. It's the chance you take. Pricing can be volatile. The cruise line will book you at their current price. Don't know the difference between that and your TA quote. Did you look at Celebrity's website to see what their pricing is for TA comparison?