Caribbean Princess Window Suite v. Vista Suite

Selion

We LOVE our window suites. A balcony to me isn't important, especially on a port intensive cruise. Truth is the balcony space is included in the interior space in a WS and it's fully usable at all times. And the bathroom, the bathroom!

We did hear the stabilizers several times, a whomp whomp whomp noise and we did have some sort of noise above on the night before the planned crew safety drill, sounded like moving chairs. A quick call to the desk and POOF the scraping noise was gone.

Good to know! Will keep that in mind if I can't stand the noises from moving chairs.

BTW, we loved the aft balcony on the Regal's suite. Besides the Ultimate Balcony Dinner, we probably spent a total of 2 hours on that balcony in 7 days. What a waste... :loudcry: Hence the appeals of Window Suite on Caribbean Princess.

519 days to go... :eek:

I love Window Suites, but then I never use a balcony when I have one. I love the location, the size, all the storage and the price. I've never had a problem with noise. My next three cruises are in Window Suites. I wish more ships had them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Window suites are great until you hit rough seas and the stabilizers have to be in constant use. We were on the Caribbean Princess trying to traverse the North Sea and for 3 days and nights the slamming noise and banging never ceased. The vibrations were so strong that glasses were knocked off the table . Sleep and conversation were non existent. Initially we though a few slot machines overhead had become unhinged. Maintenance even went up to check it was so bad.

We loved the location and layout but would not take the chance since we now cruise on the west coast and rough seas are the norm .

Puli - Thanks for sharing your experience. The cruise I booked is an Eastern Caribbean itinerary in September. I can only hope there won't be a hurricane somewhere churning up the waves.

Puli - Thanks for sharing your experience. The cruise I booked is an Eastern Caribbean itinerary in September. I can only hope there won't be a hurricane somewhere churning up the waves.

I will keep my fingers crossed for you! when the seas are calm it is the best cabin possible...we even loved the lower down view. Those cabins are a lot like NCL Dawn's upper deck window suites but even better,

I would definitely take a window suite over a club class mini suite any day. I've always thought the window suites were something I would love to try as they seem to be one of the best deals available (in that sort of price range anyway). We have never sailed in any suite and, now that we are both retired and our income has taken a nose dive, it's quite doubtful we ever will sail in a suite. Ah, well. At least we get to cruise. :cool:

I would definitely take a window suite over a club class mini suite any day. I've always thought the window suites were something I would love to try as they seem to be one of the best deals available (in that sort of price range anyway). We have never sailed in any suite and, now that we are both retired and our income has taken a nose dive, it's quite doubtful we ever will sail in a suite. Ah, well. At least we get to cruise. :cool:

Fair warning. Don't get started. It can be very addictive. You will not be able to "return" to any other stateroom. I thought I could it just once.....

Fair warning. Don't get started. It can be very addictive. You will not be able to "return" to any other stateroom. I thought I could it just once.....
I shall see... Booked an inside room for this October. Going from rolling to slumming in no time!

I am looking at window suites on the Caribbean Princess for June 2018, fittingly in the Caribbean. We are five people and would need two of them, preferably with the entry doors next to each other (vs. next to someone else) if the doors are grouped in pairs. Or the doors might be spaced apart anyway (?) as there are an odd number of these suites (seven total). Does anyone know which pairs of suite numbers would have their entry doors side by side (if possible) -- either 307/309 or 309/311? Thank you for any info!

I am looking at window suites on the Caribbean Princess for June 2018, fittingly in the Caribbean. We are five people and would need two of them, preferably with the entry doors next to each other (vs. next to someone else) if the doors are grouped in pairs. Or the doors might be spaced apart anyway (?) as there are an odd number of these suites (seven total). Does anyone know which pairs of suite numbers would have their entry doors side by side (if possible) -- either 307/309 or 309/311? Thank you for any info!

Memory does not serve me well. BUT...the suite floor plans are opposite of each other. F311 beds are on the aft wall while F309 are on the bow wall. Guessing these two stateroom doors would open next to each other.

We've done a window suite on Caribbean and a Vista suite on the Grand... For the WS, we did hear running once early in the am, called the desk and never heard early running again. Outside of that, no loud noises ever. These suites really are in the heart of the ship and we definitely took advantage of being that close to everything.

In our VS, we were aft on Emerald. The deck was large and we spent lots of time on it...sail away, port time, had tea and many lunches there. Also, the room is large enough to have a curtain between the sleeping and living area...very handy since our DS was with us. But, we also had to smell the smoke coming down from the smoking area and with being aft, one bumpy sea night was hell for us...

We would do both again and it would depend on the itinerary on which we would pick. I would lean to the WS for location and price...and to the VS for privacy and space.

305/307 and 309/311. We had these four suites in September.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thank you!! This is exactly the info I needed. Since the rooms don't connect, I prefer the doors next to each other so that our family can go back and forth to talk to each other or knock on the other door without disturbing a neighbor.