Christmas cruise?

SquishTheWhale

Booked a ship visit on Azura in July :) We don't live too far from Southampton so it will make for a fun day out! And if we can get a good deal I suspect we will book that Christmas cruise. If we cruise early December instead I could live with the ship not being decorated and no Xmas activities- will just have to see what the pricing ends up being like in July as to which we choose!

We went on Aurora on 6th December last year for a 10 day cruise. The people who did the decorations obviously came aboard with us. Decorations started to appear the next day, 7th, and by the end of the 8th December all the ship was decorated beautifully and it really felt very Christmasssy. The decorations were fantastic, lots of large trees around the ship, all very tastefully decorated and all the stairs were shimmering with garlands which had while lights twisted around the stair rails and banisters. I suppose it depends when a ship is back in port for the people who do the decorations to get on board. I think it is an outside company that does the decorating, not crew members. I think I would like to try a Christmas cruise someday but at the moment we have young Grandchildren, if both our daughters announced they were going elsewhere at Christmas then I would be sorely tempted.

Not really quite on topic but we visited Madeira on a Canaries Cruise, just a few days after New Year and were able to see the amazing lights on shore. I'm sure the New Year's Eve fireworks in Madeira would be wonderful.

• 1 year later...
This thread has certainly whetted my appetite for a Xmas cruise..think I may seriously consider the Northern Europe one on the Aurora. I have to say I hadn't really considered a cruise before at this time of year but I think Xmas at home is becoming more and more of an expensive non event

Hi there we did Auroras Xmas cruise lat year. It was a blast a defiantly a record voyage. We had snow in Oslo and Copenhagen. The whole ship is very Christmassy especially the atrium but do be warned the ship can't always dock in Amsterdam. It didn't last year but p and O reacted very well. We spent that day at sea but bad an extra day in Bruges. If you just want a very chrstmassy cruise this is the one for you. Hope you book it. I do recommend booking a dulux balcony it's well worth it for Xmas day. We've cruise on Aurora 5 times. Lovely little ship shameits going adult only as my family love it! Much better than the larger ships but Ventura is a lovely ship too.

This thread being updated has sent my anticipation levels up several notches. A Christmas cruise has been on our bucket list for ages and this year we are going at last on Azura. Our first P&O. So pleased to hear about the Christmassy atmosphere and decor. Can’t wait. Thanks for all the info.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We went on an Aurora cruise - 10 nights from Southampton departing 6th December. The day after we left all the Christmas decorations started to appear and by the next morning all was complete, lots of trees, very tasteful decorations, the atrium looked wonderful.