Miami or FLL Resort not Hotel

js

Hi. Hope I have better luck today with cc and cutting off my posts.

A few months ago we searched for a pre cruise resort hotel and from cc was recommended Biltmore. We loved it. We loved it so much we booked a 4 night stay this upcoming June for a girls weekend with my dd-23, my mom and myself.

I am leaving my dh and family at home in February and sailing with my mom again and we are looking for another resort either in FLL or Miami for 2-3 nights pre cruise POM stay. While we loved the Biltmore, we will have just stayed there twice in four months and looking to try something different (unless we just go back if we cannot find anything close to the "feel").

We would like to be close enough to the POM and not too far away (Biltmore distance was fine) and get to the resort and just stay and not have to worry about leaving for dinner, drinks etc. A nice pool and relaxing atmosphere, just like at Biltmore. (I was even able to take complimentary gym classes at the Biltmore and use the gym). We would use the pool during the day and possibly the spa.

Does anyone have different recommendations for me? Is the Fontainblu too lively and party atmosphere?

Thank you all so much!

Edited by js

Hi. Hope I have better luck today with cc and cutting off my posts.

A few months ago we searched for a pre cruise resort hotel and from cc was recommended Biltmore. We loved it. We loved it so much we booked a 4 night stay this upcoming June for a girls weekend with my dd-23, my mom and myself.

I am leaving my dh and family at home in February and sailing with my mom again and we are looking for another resort either in FLL or Miami for 2-3 nights pre cruise POM stay. While we loved the Biltmore, we will have just stayed there twice in four months and looking to try something different (unless we just go back if we cannot find anything close to the "feel").

We would like to be close enough to the POM and not too far away (Biltmore distance was fine) and get to the resort and just stay and not have to worry about leaving for dinner, drinks etc. A nice pool and relaxing atmosphere, just like at Biltmore. (I was even able to take complimentary gym classes at the Biltmore and use the gym). We would use the pool during the day and possibly the spa.

Does anyone have different recommendations for me? Is the Fontainblu too lively and party atmosphere?

Thank you all so much!

In Miami, South Beach, and surrounding areas:

The Standard (South Beach)

Mondrian (South Beach)

The Palms (a wee north of South Beach)

Mandarin Oriental (Brickell Key)

Grove Isle (in between Downtown and Coconut Grove)

Ritz Carlton (Key Biscayne)

In Fort Lauderdale:

The Pillars

In Fort Lauderdale:

I'll add the Ritz Carlton Hotel. With the beach across the street it give you additional options then just the on site property.

Also the Marriott Harbor Beach Resort. Very nice property/beach.

The Fountainbleau in Miami is very large with several towers and will have lots of people. The beach is terrific as is the pool area.

Keith

We have just reurned from our cruise we had 2 nts pre cruise at hyatt regency pier 66 and 2nts post cruise at The Savoy on ocean drive miami.

Hyatt 66 was our favourite, purely for location,Pelican Landing for the best fish tacos ever!!!

The savoy was on the beach on the quieter part of ocean drive and within walking distance of all of the restaurants etc....Our personal opinion on ocean drive is it was too busy for our liking,with lots of flash cars with drivers revving engines every 2mins not really a place we would visit again tbh.