Passport Turn Around time

chasinraynbowz

Sorry for the frustrations, chasinraynbowz, but it looks like you will have all you need to cruise.

You have to move to the Midwest. Half of my four local post offices do not even require an appointment for passport applications. I assume you used the USPS location finder: https://tools.usps.com/go/POLocatorAction.action

A couple of local government offices and a library(!) also accept applications. Search here: https://iafdb.travel.state.gov/

Our county offices do passports. Both of my daughters went at different times with no wait. They even took photos there. My first daughter got her passport back in 10 days. She had one prior, but was expired over 5 years, plus she was a child. My second daughter hasn't gotten hers and it has been almost 2 weeks. I am expecting it any day. We did not put a rush on either.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

I went to my county clerks office to get my passport and didn't need an appointment just walked in.

That's what we did. Walked in with all paper work, pictures and checks in hand. We were in and out in 20 minutes.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That's what we did. Walked in with all paper work, pictures and checks in hand. We were in and out in 20 minutes.

ya i was probably in and out in that length of time besides them making me go back to walgreens to retake my pic because they said they couldnt see my eyes cuz of my bangs

• 1 month later...

Needed quick turn around on new passports for cruise within 6 months from current passport expiration while also requiring multiple VISAs that will also take time to get (even in person here at consulates in SF).

So, sent the old ones in overnight, requested expedited service and opted for overnight return. Took less than 10 days to get the new onesback. Sometimes, government works OK!

But, then there's Global Entry applications- don't hold your breath!