Public Transportation from Cruise Terminal to Horseshoe Bay Beach

JC5240

Hi All!

Myself and my SO will be traveling to Bermuda on NCL Breakaway, and are planning a beach day on the last day of our stay in Bermuda (May 26th). I understand that this is the start of the America's Cup, so since "All Aboard" will be at 2:30, we are planning on leaving Horseshoe Bay at around 1:00p, with an anticipated arrival time of 8:00a at the beach. Five hours should be plenty of time to enjoy this gorgeous area.

My question is, what is the best means of transportation from the cruise terminal to Horseshoe Bay? The last time I was there, we took a taxi, which was awesome, but a bit pricey. If we decide to do the One Day Transportation Pass, will that take us directly to Horseshoe Bay, or would we need to do a couple of transfers? Does anybody know if Bermuda will be running on a holiday schedule on the 26th? I know they will be running on a holiday schedule on May 24th since it's Bermuda Day (and also my birthday!). Also, if transfers are necessary, is the average arrival time still 30 minutes, like it would be for a taxi?

Also, I'm assuming traffic will be a bit of an issue due to the world cup, so do you think over an hour of travel time is adequate?

Thanks so much in advance!

My question is, what is the best means of transportation from the cruise terminal to Horseshoe Bay? The last time I was there, we took a taxi, which was awesome, but a bit pricey. If we decide to do the One Day Transportation Pass, will that take us directly to Horseshoe Bay, or would we need to do a couple of transfers? Does anybody know if Bermuda will be running on a holiday schedule on the 26th? I know they will be running on a holiday schedule on May 24th since it's Bermuda Day (and also my birthday!). Also, if transfers are necessary, is the average arrival time still 30 minutes, like it would be for a taxi?

Also, I'm assuming traffic will be a bit of an issue due to the world cup, so do you think over an hour of travel time is adequate?

The best way in my opinion are Minibus Shuttles which charged $7 per person last year, or taxis. Both are pretty much on demand. You might have to wait a few minutes for the shuttle to fill up. I have used Minibus shuttles the last two years on the last day and prefer them. They are easy to find both at the dock and at Horseshoe. The Buses you have to wait for a bus to arrive and the bus may be full. Even if there is space you might have to stand up. Also from reading the Bermuda news media there is a shortage of buses with some bus runs being canceled every day. Usually I would say leaving at 1:00 would be fine from Horseshoe but I suggest 12:30 because none can predict the impact of America's Cup on traffic.

Thank you both for the great information. It looks as though we'll definitely be taking the shuttle, and leaving at the suggested time of 12:30.

Appreciate the fast replies!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Do you just pay each way directly to the driver? We are considering taking the bus to Gibb's Lighthouse then to Horseshoe Bay and maybe doing the shuttle to go back. Is that doable? We will be in port right before the cup begins.

Do you just pay each way directly to the driver? We are considering taking the bus to Gibb's Lighthouse then to Horseshoe Bay and maybe doing the shuttle to go back. Is that doable? We will be in port right before the cup begins.

The bus stop is not at the lighthouse. You get off at Lighthouse road and it is a short walk to the lighthouse. Doing Gibb's Lighthouse and then Horseshoe on the #7 route is very doable. Then at Horseshoe you can take the shuttle back. For the shuttle you pay the driver. For the public bus you can pay exact coin change in the fare box or buy tokens or passes at the Visitor Information Center.

Hi All!

Myself and my SO will be traveling to Bermuda on NCL Breakaway, and are planning a beach day on the last day of our stay in Bermuda (May 26th). I understand that this is the start of the America's Cup, so since "All Aboard" will be at 2:30, we are planning on leaving Horseshoe Bay at around 1:00p, with an anticipated arrival time of 8:00a at the beach. Five hours should be plenty of time to enjoy this gorgeous area.

If you decide to take the bus and are only planning to go to Horseshoe Bay and back to the dock, you wouldn't need a day pass. Paying cash on the bus cost $5 per person each way. The route 7 bus will take you from the dock to Horseshoe Bay without the need to transfer. A day pass costs $19 pp. Another option, while not public transportation, would be to rent a scooter at the dockyard. I have ridden both scooters and pedal bikes in Bermuda without any issues. The scooter would give you more control over when you leave and would make it easier to go to another beach if you are not happy with Horseshoe Bay.

These two websites have a lot of good info if you choose the bus.

https://www.gov.bm/bus-fares

https://www.bermuda-attractions.com/bermuda_00002e.htm

The bus stop is not at the lighthouse. You get off at Lighthouse road and it is a short walk to the lighthouse. Doing Gibb's Lighthouse and then Horseshoe on the #7 route is very doable. Then at Horseshoe you can take the shuttle back. For the shuttle you pay the driver. For the public bus you can pay exact coin change in the fare box or buy tokens or passes at the Visitor Information Center.

Thanks for the response! So I would assume I'd need Bermuda money in order to pay the shuttle, correct? I assume my American dollars won't do?

Thanks for the response! So I would assume I'd need Bermuda money in order to pay the shuttle, correct? I assume my American dollars won't do?

You don't need or want Bermuda money. It is not exchangeable. US currency is accepted everywhere in Bermuda. Pay for shuttles, buses, ferry, everything, in US dollars.

You don't need or want Bermuda money. It is not exchangeable. US currency is accepted everywhere in Bermuda. Pay for shuttles, buses, ferry, everything, in US dollars.

Perfect, thanks!!