Spring Break Trifecta

NightOne

So I returned from Carnival Triumph cruise a few days and I am still collecting my thoughts on it and will post them in the near future.

However, I wanted to talk briefly about a topic that gets brought up here all the time. I cruised on what I considered the "trifecta" of a possible "booze cruise" experience.

The cruise was:

1. During the peak college spring break period (March 23rd)

2. Departed from a party town (NOLA)

3. Was the shortest available cruise (4 days)

So I was fully prepared for it to be a drunken college frat party experience from top to bottom especially around the pool deck.

My experience was just the opposite. I only personally witnessed 1 intoxicated person and that was because she knocked over her own glass and it broke on the floor at the comedy club. Had she not done that I would not have noticed. Outside of that I never saw anyone even resembling a wild party person and I was at the pool area at Noon on sea days. I personally think the whole "don't go during spring break" advice is inaccurate and unreliable as this was the 2nd time I have cruised mid-March out of NOLA.

Just my experience :)

College spring break was ending by then. My kids were on break starting the first and then second week of March. Could have been a different story a week or two earlier. We've sailed at the end of March on a 4 day and our experience was much like yours. Glad you had a good time.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I had a "booze cruise" experience on the Triumph on our May cruise. Since I was taking my college aged girls, I waited until they were just done with finals. Apparently, that is when all the college kids take a short cruise from there. Time to kick back after a year's worth of studying and finals. I know now to NOT take a short cruise during that time!

College spring break was ending by then. My kids were on break starting the first and then second week of March. Could have been a different story a week or two earlier. We've sailed at the end of March on a 4 day and our experience was much like yours. Glad you had a good time.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Different schools have breaks during different weeks. Basically, any week in March has tons of colleges on spring break.

LSU is almost always in April. At the very least it is in the second or third wave of breaks.

This year it is officially Sunday April 9th at 7:30am to Monday April 17th at 7:30am. Next year it is officially Sunday March 25th at 7:30am to Monday April 2nd at 7:30am. In reality Spring Break also includes the Friday and Saturday before the official start. The last day of LSU Spring Break is always Easter.